Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Zeron is back

SkinsNumberOne

Check out the side column on this link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1637714

The phone rings, it's ZFlem. "Oh man what a crazy, crazy week I've had," he says. Congrats on Cleveland, I say, my dad's a huge Browns fan this is gonna be awesome. Silence. "Dude, I'm back in Washington," says Z with a chuckle. "I flew in this morning from Cleveland. I'm a Redskin again."

(...)

"When I saw the guys back in the locker room they all thought I was there to pick up some old stuff," says Z. "They were all saying, 'How's Cleveland?' and I'm like, 'I play for us again' and they all just started laughing."

Originally posted by SkinsNumberOne

Check out the side column on this link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?id=1637714

The phone rings, it's ZFlem. "Oh man what a crazy, crazy week I've had," he says. Congrats on Cleveland, I say, my dad's a huge Browns fan this is gonna be awesome. Silence. "Dude, I'm back in Washington," says Z with a chuckle. "I flew in this morning from Cleveland. I'm a Redskin again."

(...)

"When I saw the guys back in the locker room they all thought I was there to pick up some old stuff," says Z. "They were all saying, 'How's Cleveland?' and I'm like, 'I play for us again' and they all just started laughing."

:laugh: That is classic. What a weird ride he's had.

Hilarious...

Flemister File

Wherein we continue to follow the exploits of FlemFile mascot and former Washington TE Zeron Flemister.

So let's recap. Last Tuesday after the Browns lost Aaron Shea for the year with a torn biceps tendon, Cleveland picked up our mascot off the waiver wire where he sat for all of 24 hours. By Tuesday evening Z is on a plane headed to Cleveland where he goes through the whole routine -- new equipment, new locker, new teammates, new place to live and, a complicated new scheme. His bum heel is doing great but by Saturday it's clear Z needs more than 72 hours to pick up the Browns offense. Cleveland cuts him, he says, so it could grab someone off its practice squad for the game against Oakland. "Coach Davis tells me not to leave town, not to check out of my hotel, not to go anywhere," says Z. "He says he likes my athleticism and that I could help his team and that this week they'd re-sign me." Late Sunday, Z gets a call from Washington TE Robert Royal who tells him he's just busted up his hip in the loss to Tampa and will be out for the next six weeks. By Monday Z's phone is ringing off the hook with calls from D.C. He waits until 5 p.m. to hear back from the Browns. When they don't call, he begins to talk to the Redskins, who fly him back east Tuesday morning and re-sign him, just hours ago, to a one-year deal.

"When I saw the guys back in the locker room they all thought I was there to pick up some old stuff," says Z. "They were all saying, 'How's Cleveland?' and I'm like, 'I play for us again' and they all just started laughing." Uh Z, I tell him, I put a curse on the Redskins in last week's Flemister File. OH MY GOD IT WORKED! The Redskins resigned you rather than face the wrath of the FlemFile Curse! But wait. What am I supposed to do now? Take it back? He just laughs. "Don't worry," he says, "last week all my friends and family said they hated the Redskins too and that they were throwing all their Redskins stuff away. Now I have to call all of them and tell them to pull that stuff outta the trash."

Archived