Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin Iii Gets Thumbs Up For Week 1

RGIII,

You don't have to be "Superman" to be a "Superquarterback". We have lots of guys on offense that can block, let them do what they do. Remember "play within yourself". Now get out there and kick some NFC East butts! (Also any others that might try and get in your way!). HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!! I'LL GO TO NYC IN THE SNOW AND FREEZING TEMPS TO WATCH MY BOYS WIN ANOTHER LOMBARDI TROPHEY!!!!! SAVE ME A SEAT, WE'RE GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!HTTR!!!!!! STAY HEALTHY, MY BROTHERS!!!!!!!

What up Blanketdave . Bro what you think about shanny saying he have some concerns , And he let us know on monday what the concerns are . That makes me a bit scared about RG3 starting game 1 . What Y'all think of it ?

Yo D, let me tell you something man, THE DC MEDIA IS FULL OF SH*T!  Think about it, all the drama surrounding Griff this off-season will mean absolutely nothing if Griff plays Monday night with no setbacks.  This tell me that media members in this area cannot manage the success of the Redskins, they would rather report thee negative **** which proves that they were never Skins fans in the 1st place!  This is nothing to be concerned or "scared"about my man, the local media and ESPN got there facts wrong as usual.  All they do is run around gossiping like little school girls!  Does this even sound like something a great doctor (Dr. Andrews) or a great coach (Shanny) would say?! "Griff can play,but he can't run the read-option?"  What part of the game is this lol!!!!  I know them folks in Philly like "Yeah right" let's just say they won't waste ANY time preparing for Cousins next week LMFAO!!  

Yo D, let me tell you something man, THE DC MEDIA IS FULL OF SH*T!  Think about it, all the drama surrounding Griff this off-season will mean absolutely nothing if Griff plays Monday night with no setbacks.  This tell me that media members in this area cannot manage the success of the Redskins, they would rather report thee negative **** which proves that they were never Skins fans in the 1st place!  This is nothing to be concerned or "scared"about my man, the local media and ESPN got there facts wrong as usual.  All they do is run around gossiping like little school girls!  Does this even sound like something a great doctor (Dr. Andrews) or a great coach (Shanny) would say?! "Griff can play,but he can't run the read-option?"  What part of the game is this lol!!!!  I know them folks in Philly like "Yeah right" let's just say they won't waste ANY time preparing for Cousins next week LMFAO!!  

Shanahan said he'll sit Robert down this weekend and address the concerns. My thinking the concerns are Griff not going out there too amped. Pass rush comes, go down, no more scrambling trying to make something out of nothing, read option dictates a run-then run for 1st down and go out of bounds. I think certain things have to be addressed to make Griff know what's acceptable and what's not. How many NFL players out there have to be told not to do too much? Not many I'm sure. Man, I can't take another season of Griff rehabbing.

What we can take away from the pre-season is that the Redskins are loaded with depth at every position. That is a great position to be in going into the regular season; as it is difficult, if not impossible, to get thru a season without major injuries at more than 1 position. 12 to 15 wins and a super bowl appearance is a realistic assessment of this team. It is great to be a Redskin fan.

They also have excesses at QB, RB, & TE that can be used as trades for future draft picks.

I think part of Shanahan's statement is intended to throw a wrench in the game plan for Philadelphia. I have to wonder if Shanny is a bit upset RG3 tweeted anything about what the arch surgeon said about his rehab progress. Shanny is known for being mum on any injury up to the last minute. My bet is any game plan on RG3 was established in practice last week. What makes RG3 as good with the zone read is his ability to disguise the hand off as much as it is the threat of running. We'll see ample amount of the zone read regardless if he'll run at all. The main strategy will be to throw his hands up once he hands off the ball.

I had no problem when the comments first came out. But now Andrews is saying he never expressed any concerns. IMO even if thats true, andrews needs to keep his pie hole shut!!  Here is my guess on how the conversation went:

Andrews - Mike, he cleared to play. Everything looks good. Here are a few things to look for in those first few series. If you see 1, 2, 3, etc. you need to pull him and let me look at him. 

MS - Ok, thanks Doc. I appreciate the clearance. I will talk to robert to make sure he lets me know if he feels anything unusual in addition to the staff keeping an eye on him. 

MS to KS - We need to make sure robert tells us if he hurt this time. We can't let Seattle happen again. I will let him know what the doc said we should be looking for. Then lets keep our eye on him, especially early. We don't a set back because we were not careful enough. 

MS to the media - We know what was said here. 

Dr Andrews to the media through an essay! - I cleared Robert completely. I am not sure what concerns Mike is talking about. 

Just a guess on my part ---   

Hail Dorrell77 ...

I think that RG3 starts Monday night.

I imagine that there are concerns. All players coming back from major knee surgery have concerns, even a year or two after.

From what I saw of White, I would keep him over Grossman. Not just because he is above ground, and upright.

Face it, Rex is not the future. It is amazing that ... Here, you take the ball ... has survived this long. JMO.

White has had a few months in the system, and appears to be picking it up fairly quickly. White "could" have a future as the #2 should a cannot say no deal is offered for Cousins.

Rex ... not so much.

HTTR!

the media as a hole reminds me of the three witches standing around the cauldron ,stirring up trouble like the witches stirring up their brew!!!!

man can they just leave it alone geez they seem to want to look for something  derogatory under every rock ,,they better watch out rocks have tendency to fall !!!

I tell you what, I'll be so glad for the Eagles game to get under way. Enough preseason, enough examining the hyperbole from Dr Andrews-Shanahan-RG3-, enough examining the merits between a 3rd and 4th string QB. Monday Night Football can't get here quick enough for me.

I'm not complaining about members here talking about these topics, just that I think everybody here is ready to move on...GIVE US SOME FOOTBALL!!!!

I also am ready for Monday Night Football ... just as soon as I know who made the final cut.

I heard the oppositions announcers every dad burn game. At first I was pissed. Bunch of Bozos. None know a thing about the Redskins. As the preseaon progressed, it became a pleasure. Everyone has their excuses. No matter how much they whined and cried ... there is no denying what took place on the field.

This very well could be the best Redskins Team in decades.

HTTR!

How the hell do we cut Chase Minniefield and Gomes but keep Reed? I'm perplexed!

Chase is still eligible for practice squad which I have to assume the staff is gambling they can retain him. Otherwise, I'm perplexed as well since from what I watched, he appeared to play as well as Amerson. Reed was never going to get cut IMO. The staff sees his value regardless of what many fans feel about him. I've come to appreciate Reed in the box and especially what he did to limit Russell Wilson in the playoffs last season. He shut down many running lanes on Wilson and attacked him well when he reached the line of scrimmage. I really like Chase and just don't like the fact they'd even risk having him on the waiver wire.

Redskins Cuts: OT Tony Pashos, OT Xavier Nixon, LB Vic So'oto, CB Chase Minnifield, DE Chigbo Anonuby, RB/FB Keiland Williams, TE Emmanuel Ogbuehi, DB DeJon Gomes, DT Ron Brace, RB Jawan Jamison. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/23400230/final-nfl-cuts-teams-trim-rosters-down-to-53-players

True JD but Murphy is still on the roster. Somebody please explain

I didn't catch that one and yeah I'm perplexed now to since they didn't use him like Chase in the preseason games. he didn't cover some of the better WRs and he allowed a few to get behind in on deep routes so this is very much leaves open questions.

Btw - Where are you guys reading all these other cuts?

Archived