Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Robert Griffin Iii Gets Thumbs Up For Week 1

6. Do not attempt to circumvent the profanity filters.
Type in your word and let the filters do their job of substituting asterisks for letters. Then check your post to see if all profanity was filtered. Veiled or "subtle" attempts at using profanity are unacceptable. We allow the use of either all asterisks/symbols or none at all. For example "****" and "*&*%$" are acceptable, while “s**t” or “sh*t" are not.

Members quoting profanity filter violations (or other rule violations) without editing the violation out of the quote are simply creating another violation of this Rule and may be penalized accordingly. 

I was watching Chase Minnifield in the last game and he didn't appear to be himself like the first 2 games. Bet they hope he can survive being picked upso we can let him heal up on the pc, if he is indeed hurt or just knees acting up. Otherwise we got a pretty full secondary, Coach Shanahan is a good talent evaluator so don't fret, he's got it covered.

This team is stacked . We get Lance Lewis , And Minnifield on the practice squad I'm good with everything .

Marvin Burdette i called it . White or Grossman who's it going to be ? I'm betting white

Marvin Burdette i called . White or groosman . I say white will be cut

I'm surprised and disappointed hat they waived Chase Minnifield. I seriously doubt that he will make it to the practice squad because there are too many teams who will want to pick him up on waivers .

I kinda figured that they might keep Wm Compton (the LB) until Jackson gets back in week 5. Merling's tenure might also be short-lived when Jenkins gets back, also in week 5.

The team will hold out till the last minute before cutting White, hoping for a trade. I'm also guessing that Briscoe will be one of the last two cut.

I thought I understood that you do not use words that cannot be used on live TV. Now I am a little confused. You go ahead and use those words ... spelled correctly ... and a filter takes care of them, and you are compliant? Yet if you filter the word ... spell it incorrectly ... you are not compliant? Not that I really have the need of, but still asking for clarification.

I'm surprised and disappointed hat they waived Chase Minnifield. I seriously doubt that he will make it to the practice squad because there are too many teams who will want to pick him up on waivers .

Old Ref- I feel the same, we paid him last year on injured reserve and it seemed to me he played well in 1st 2 preseason games. Why cut him? I think maybe those mico fractures are coming back on him, something doesn't add up.

So, if I could improve this team over last years team there are 2 things that I want improvement on.

1-Kickoff and punt returns.****** I think that we got a chance to do that with Thompson and by committee if necessary.

2- Secondary defense primarily and defense in general.***** Top flight corners and safeties mixed with the best veterans fron last years team and add the depth of defensive line,add Jenkins/Rob Jackson when suspension is over and we are set...I hope.

Something is amiss about Minnifield and I tend to agree there may still be some instability with the knee. Maybe he needs another year of rehabilitation and any NFL team would know this. I'm Hoping that is the worst case scenario. You don't just start the guy along side Amerson against starting NFL caliber WRs, have him perform at the same level as Amerson, and then cut him instead of Murphy who struggled at times against players struggling to make a team.

All kinds of trade rumors about Pat White, One has Pat White and Dezmon Briscoe going for a 3rd round pick next year. The Redskins have told many that they will carry 4 QB's on the 53 man roster and if you are in need of a QB who can run the Read Option that they want to be rewarded for the risk they took to bring Pat White in and develop him. They have leverage, telling teams that if they trade for him now, they can install a "RG3 light" type package for him before the opening game. Other wise the price go's up as QB's go down in the first few weeks. If no deal is done, the Redskins will cut Royster (RB) and Burdette (LB) to get to the 53 man limit. Most NFL teams were trying to call the Redskins bluff, but when Minnifield, Williams (RB & WR) Gomes, Jamison, Lewis and Dawson all hit the waiver wire teams knew this was not a bluff. Seems like GM Allen is a better poker player than many knew! Stay Tune fans, this is getting real interesting> HTTR!

Something is amiss about Minnifield and I tend to agree there may still be some instability with the knee. Maybe he needs another year of rehabilitation and any NFL team would know this. I'm Hoping that is the worst case scenario. You don't just start the guy along side Amerson against starting NFL caliber WRs, have him perform at the same level as Amerson, and then cut him instead of Murphy who struggled at times against players struggling to make a team.

Minnifield can be signed to the practice Squad, were Murphy can not. I agree it is a risky move but many had Minnifield's grade in the last two preseason games falling a lot. If he clears waivers, Minnifield will be signed to the PS (IMO).

Archived