Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Preseason Confidential: Nfc East Intel

Too funny, Cowturds are copying our running game. Well, it is a copycat league and if a team is successful with a scheme there will be teams emulating trying to achieve success also.

Last year teams installed pistol/read option and this year the zone blocking. What's next Jerry Jones building a new practice facility ? Oh yeah, they are doing that too.

well now Romo sits to pee will have the complete package he can now stumble, fall and fumble like rex 

theres a copycat for ya!!!

Romo sits to pee better watch out that pistol your running might be defective and  blow up.

romos pop gun to RG3's magnum 44  the cowturds are a joke!!!

So if we had a choice, who would we rather have our team face in Game 1...Foles or Vick? Vick- if the pass is not there on first look then he's taking off running even though I think this offense will be trying more short passes which will allow him to dump off earlier. Foles- probably a better pure passer but can't run so I think our pass rush gets him. Thoughts??

So if we had a choice, who would we rather have our team face in Game 1...Foles or Vick? Vick- if the pass is not there on first look then he's taking off running even though I think this offense will be trying more short passes which will allow him to dump off earlier. Foles- probably a better pure passer but can't run so I think our pass rush gets him. Thoughts??

this takes me back the oregon /  baylor game chip kelly was running the read option was baylor was running a no playbook read option .

the game looked like a break break basketball game chip kellys team couldn't beat RG3s baylor team and the same will happen when we play the sheagles even if we have cousins play our defense will stop them..

wonder if shannahan is working on a no huddle fast break version of what RG3 ran at baylor.

but to answer your question ,it doesn't matter we pull out the can of wup .... and stomp them!!!

@ man - Not our choice unfortunately. They selected Vick. If it were my choice I would take foles every time. A healthy vick is clearly a better QB than foles. Foles may be able to throw a little better, but vick provides too many options.

They look to be a  tougher out than originally thought. The difference in the game will be who can put more pressure on the others QB. We have a better run game and i think a better Dline. Their oline by name is very good, but at least half of it is coming back from major injury. Are they going to be able to play at a high level right out of the box?

I like dline, especially the way cofield and kerrigan are playing. Add Orakpo to that and that front 7 could be devastating. I am still not sold on orakpo, he needs to be on the field and stay there! An  OLB missing a game for a thigh bruise does not give me any warm and fuzzies! Jenkins maybe????   I like that kid.

IMO, Foles is hands down the preferred QB for our defense to match up against. Vick has had past success with our defense but I do feel we are fielding faster and more mobile players this season than in recent pasts. It would have been nice to have Rob Jackson in there to add to both the pass rush and coverage. However, I really like what I have seen from Tapp and Jenkins. They'll both add speed and a new level of aggressiveness to our pass rush to go along with our already talented line backing corp. If Meriweather and Orakpo make it to the field then we should be able to corral Vick better than we had been in the past years. If we can fluster Vick under that new offensive scheme, the INTs and fumbles will soon follow.

So we know that Vick is the qb against us. Another question if you will indulge. How does the Redskin defense attack Vick and the offense scheme. During the 7 game win streak last year our blitzes were many times accomplished by corners on a delay. Do we send these guys at times with probably 2 rookies starting or just let our front 7 do the work? Do we use the rookies in the blitze and let the vets handle coverage. Our best friend in this game is to get after Vick and disrupt, knock him down, resulting in breaking up their fastbreak offense. Thanks for taking part in the discussion fellas.

Too funny, Cowturds are copying our running game. Well, it is a copycat league and if a team is successful with a scheme there will be teams emulating trying to achieve success also. Last year teams installed pistol/read option and this year the zone blocking. What's next Jerry Jones building a new practice facility ? Oh yeah, they are doing that too.

hail everyone ,i thought this subject would make funny thread so i started one in the stadium forum in the around the league sub forum Romo sits to pee running the pistol? now thats funny!!!

The question for me is how will haslet and our D handle this no huddle hurry up scheme? I'm not going to let the Pit game fool me with our front 7, lets be honest their OL is not that great and is one of Pits problem areas so far in preseason. We have a lot of questions left to be answered also the fact of how long does it take RG3 to get going with the real speed of the game he could have some tough series until he gets in a groove.

The question for me is how will haslet and our D handle this no huddle hurry up scheme? I'm not going to let the Pit game fool me with our front 7, lets be honest their OL is not that great and is one of Pits problem areas so far in preseason. We have a lot of questions left to be answered also the fact of how long does it take RG3 to get going with the real speed of the game he could have some tough series until he gets in a groove.

Hail 28- Read in the paper this morning that Griff worked with 1st team yesterday in full speed snaps against 1st team defense, so they're ramping up the workouts in preparation for the 1st game which is another benchmark.

Your question on Haslett will handle the fast break is tough but one thing that points in our favor is Cofield and Fletcher and the other veterans to get the defense in position before the snap. Haslett can only do so much from the sidelines but with a couple of ''coaches on the field'' we have a good chance at reacting . Also as far as a track meet goes, it's early in the season and I believe we are as conditioned as any team and our depth will allow us to sub a fresh player in.

Haslett did state that Fletcher makes play calls in practice so I expect he'll have to make many against the Eagles. It's hard to know how the uptempo game will go coming out of the gate. There could be many sloppy 3 and outs which I hope and/or a few big offensive plays which I hope not.

Archived