Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Riggins: Morris Is ‘Nothing Short Of Fantastic’

While we're on the subject of Alfred, if he attempts his signature home run swing after a td, if Garcon spins the ball on the ground in celebration, if a player salutes in celebration,etc. etc., they will be fined this year. Rule was on the books in 2012 but they will enforce this year. No Fun League strikes again. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1728958-spinning-the-ball-will-get-you-a-penalty-because-the-nfl-is-no-fun?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

These acts include but are not limited to: sack dances; home run swing; incredible hulk; spiking the ball; throwing or shoving the ball; pointing; pointing the ball; verbal taunting; military salute; standing over an opponent (prolonged and with provocation; or dancing.

Dude, they are neutering the game. I always like the players like Barry Sanders who would hand the ball back to the ref but a SALUTE? I love the homerun swing because it was a signal to some Little League Kids that Alfred met at the hotel pool he was staying at during ota's or training camp. It's Bleacher Report which isn't always the best place to get info.

It's if they do the celebration at an opposing player. So he is still hitting home runs

The rule doesn't read home run swing except after a touchdown.

I think the real implementation of the rule won't be known until they are called.

That said I have thought the various sack dances are bull**** given the strict celebration of a score.

If John Riggins is singing the praises of Alfred Morris....that's saying a lot. The diesel is my all time favorite NFL player but there's no doubt in my mind that Morris WILL be our all time rushing leader. Many have debated this with me but for my $$$ Riggo is the best RB we've ever had however some day in the near future he'll be #2 in club history 2nd only to Alfred Morris. HTTR!!! 

While we're on the subject of Alfred, if he attempts his signature home run swing after a td, if Garcon spins the ball on the ground in celebration, if a player salutes in celebration,etc. etc., they will be fined this year. Rule was on the books in 2012 but they will enforce this year. No Fun League strikes again. http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1728958-spinning-the-ball-will-get-you-a-penalty-because-the-nfl-is-no-fun?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

This has been the No Fun League for a very long time. Remember when the "smurfs" used to do a collective high 5 in the end zone after every TD? Or the "Icky" shuffle. It's one thing if you are purposely taunting the other player or team, that shouldn't happen, but its a totally different story when you are celebrating by yourself or with your team mates. Lat time I checked football is a business but I thought it was also supposed to be fun. HTTR!!!

Hail Fan- I loved the collective high fives from the receiving corp back in the 80's. There are some good natured, non-taunting celebrations after Tds. Bronco's would salute which was good. First they did away with on the scorer could celebrate-nothing coreographed with other players and now this. If they want to do something how about celebrations how about penalizing defensive lineman when they make a tackle, acting like they stopped the winning drive in the Super Bowl, I get kinda sick of that.

Guess we won't see Cofield's ''don't taser me bro''. Unfortunately as a nose tackle he's not going to get many of those moments so ''Hey Refs look the other way if Cofield gets a sack,ok?''

I am really hating this new comment set up. Is there anyone else who doesn't like it?

Hail jaycee64,well it was either this  or putting up with the bozos on the old format.

give it a chance at least we have real moderators the we can contact ,avatars we can use ,a pm messenger a friends circle.

got to admit its not like the old format but at least the ad spam wont happen and if anyone gets out of line they can be dealt with by the exskins moderators.

Archived