Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Capital Region NY Redskins Fans..time to get back to "Redskins Corner" at Lynns

Xameil

I tried to search for the old thread, but its gone....

Anyways, the season is a little more then a month away, and I decided to re-start the thread to get all of us back to Lynns Uptown tavern for games.

just a warning to the non-NY'ers...I'm bumping this every week until the season starts...

It's right down the street, just over the hill. I've walked there during halftime before. You'd never know the owners husband is a die hard redskins fan until you talk to him about football for 3 seconds...lol.

We keep telling him he needs more redskins gear in there. We used to have about 20 redskins fans hang out there on Sundays in what we call "redskins corner".

I moved away for a couple years, and it seems less fans went to the bar, which is why I'm posting again to get us all back. So first Sunday game, I'll be there...in the corner...loud as always..wearing either 21 or 47...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump for this week....against the Raiders.

We had a good crowd this past week, but no where near the numbers we used to have...so need more of y'all to get to the bar.

and a note of thanks to whomever left a bunch of Redskins schedule cards, Redskins wall schedule and the table cards...it was great to have a bunch of burgundy and gold at every table.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Xameil,

I sent you a PM without even realizing that this thread existed! I recently moved to the Glenmont area and made the move to TWC over DirecTV.

I'm looking to head to the bar for the game on Sunday, and am curious what time you would recommend I get there to get a good seat with a group of Skins fans. I'll be riding solo as most of my friends/family are Giants fans who despise the Skins. Also - any recommendations for a decent Taxi service? I like to consume some adult beverages during the game and would rather not risk being hassled by the APD.

I'll be wearing our 2012 NFC East championship shirt with Skins throwback hat. Need to get my #21 and #10 jersey out of storage from the move to wear for the upcoming season.

Thought I should also mention this is my second year as a Skins season ticket holder so I won't be able to make it to Lynns for all home games (currently going to the home opener against JAX, Seattle and another game-TBD), so if you know anyone who's looking for some Skins tickets let me know!

Look forward to this Sunday!

HTTR

Xameil,

I sent you a PM without even realizing that this thread existed! I recently moved to the Glenmont area and made the move to TWC over DirecTV.

I'm looking to head to the bar for the game on Sunday, and am curious what time you would recommend I get there to get a good seat with a group of Skins fans. I'll be riding solo as most of my friends/family are Giants fans who despise the Skins. Also - any recommendations for a decent Taxi service? I like to consume some adult beverages during the game and would rather not risk being hassled by the APD.

I'll be wearing our 2012 NFC East championship shirt with Skins throwback hat. Need to get my #21 and #10 jersey out of storage from the move to wear for the upcoming season.

Thought I should also mention this is my second year as a Skins season ticket holder so I won't be able to make it to Lynns for all home games (currently going to the home opener against JAX, Seattle and another game-TBD), so if you know anyone who's looking for some Skins tickets let me know!

Look forward to this Sunday!

HTTR

There are several taxi services in the area. I'm also sure you can find someone to buy tickets. I know I am in the market for tickets on occasion. Just get there between 1230 and 1245. I should be there around 1230.

Looking forward to seeing ya there. The food at Lynn's is awesome as well.

It was great to meet you too, and glad yeah you had fun. It would have been even better told we could have sang HTTR at the end, but it was still great hanging out with other ESers and intelligent fans.

I won't be at the next one either, but will be the week after that. See ya again soon.

Have fun at the game.

• 1 month later...

Archived