Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Season Ticket Offers

SuperDork

Hi I'm new here so hopefully I'm not doing things wrong. I figured I would start a thread for season ticket holders and those on the wait list can compare the kind of offers being made by the Redskins to entice people to spend their money.

I know there's a 150+ page thread about season tickets but so much of it seems to be "i am/am not renewing" type comments. I'm hoping to have a data gathering type thread where people can post up the offers and specials they know about.

Here's the one I've gotten recently: Wife's name came up on season ticket waiting list after 3 years. Could get tickets in the upper levels. Recently got called with the new offer.

Commit to 2 years in the club level (at a 25% discount) and afterwards that they will guarantee you seats in the lower level. You'll be in the same "zone" as your club tickets. So if you are Club Zone B, you'd get moved down to sideline ends. If you are Zone A, you'll get moved down to sidelines between the 20 yd line. Seats in the 100 or 200 sections would qualify. If there aren't seats available in the sections, you can stay in the club level but pay the LL seat price.

Now I know this offer was around last year. This year, for Zone B the price after the 25% discount is about $7,600 for the pair after taxes. For Zone A, the price is about $9,600 for the pair.

Has anyone else gotten this offer this year? How did it work out for those who got it last year? What was the price then? Anyone get Zone A/B club tickets without this guarantee? Were the price of your tickets?

Let's hear details! I figure the more data that is out there, the more bargaining power we'd have...

Take this for what it's worth, but I have two season tickets that are Dreamseats. I get access to the club and all club-level activities. In addition, I get access to premium events, and field passes to one home game (non-divisional) each season. I am paying roughly what you were quoted for Zone A. That said, I committed to 3 years just prior to us making the trade that secured Robert Griffin III. I know that prices exploded once we made the playoffs.

Glad you made it over! He is a friend of mine and Pez so play nice. Club level seats are nice for bad weather games but Pez and I LOVE our lower bowl seats and would never change them. We are in section 105. Hope you get the answers you are looking for. I will ask Drew to respond as well

My concern is our ticket office is once again moving onto the slippery slope of attracting club seat contracts with the enticement of sideline lower level seats in the future. For us GA seat holders, it makes it that much harder to move around the lower bowl to get sideline seats. It just sucks. I understand the marketing of it. Just a couple years ago, we could not even move down from the upper level to the lower level. Seems we are headed in the same situation we just recovered from. Frankly, I am surprised that the arrival of RG3 and an East Division crown has not attracted more club seat buyers without the lower bowl incentive being required.

Thanks everyone. The couple of data points on Club seat prices is exactly what I'm looking for. I would seem the "list" price for Club seats is rarely the real price. Between the 50% off and the more recent 25% offer, it does sound like prices are quite negotiable.

Hopefully we others will offer up more pricing information here so we can all be better educated!

I also agree that the GA seat holders are getting the shaft this way. Heck the sales guy even said "you get to cut in line". Now he did say that once you are down to the LL, your upgrades will be based only on your seniority. So, once down there, there won't be much movement for a 3 year season ticket holder as opposed to those with more years.

Everything about the club seats is negotiable. Not just the price, but also the location of your future lower level seats. There is a reason they are offering deals on the club seats. They are unable to sell them at the regular prices. There is no waiting list. In fact, the Skins have lots of empty seats to fill. That lack of demand works in your favor should you decide to go down this road. The seats, even discounted are pricey; and you will not get your money back by selling tickets on the internet, craigs list, etc. You need to think of it as an investment to jump to the front of the line for lower level seats.

The couple of data points on Club seat prices is exactly what I'm looking for. I would seem the "list" price for Club seats is rarely the real price. Between the 50% off and the more recent 25% offer, it does sound like prices are quite negotiable.

The TO has been promoting "Half Price Clubs" since the beginning of the Zorn era.

Contract prices for Zone A clubs peaked in 2006-07. The high rate was roughly $5k per seat, per season. 2006 was the final year for the original club contract holders who signed in 1996-7, at a rate of 2k per seat, per season, for 10 years. When the TO went up 150% on price in one year, a lot of people bailed. Prices were soon slashed to just $2500 per seat for Zone A, only a $500 increase from 1997 prices.

Not everyone who signed club contracts during Gibbs 2.0 was (or still is) paying 5k per seat, but it seems like the TO has negotiated downward from that price point ever since.

Archived