Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7| The Redskins Need a “Tavon Austin” To Expand The Offense In 2013

Lavarleap56

how many times did you see banks blocking? blocking is about positioning you don't have to be stronger than the defender just in his way for 3-4 secs.

How often did you see banks playing offense? Austin would be on the field for 100% of offensive snaps and would be expected to block a lot.

Enjoyed watching both this season but notice both have different skill set, Theo actually took over RB duties towards end of the season. Theo would fit perfectly in our system, with change of speed and good hands out of the backfield, not hesitate to drop his shoulder into somebody either. His 40 wasn't the best at combine but guarantee he will pick that speed up.

Cierre does have good vision and smooth rusher but will need to work a little bit in order to make it big in the next level. He ran faster than riddick and expect him to be an intriguing prospect for the right team

I actually think Cierre has the skills to be more then a chane of pace/3rd down back. I like his vision and cutback ability in our ZBS. But, you know you're right Riddick does have a skillset that fits the mold good runner/polished receiver. I should have included him in my list.

bad combine numbers is the only thing I can think of. If you watched him play you seen the quicks an change of pace each time he touched the ball, imo.

Bad 40 time, but he had a pretty solid 10 yard split. The film kind of matches up with that, he's not really running away from guys, but can get separation because of how agile he he is. He can make a cut and be up to max speed really quickly.

I like Ace Sanders willingness to block. He seems good at squaring up a guy in space and then throwing a cut block.

I actually think Cierre has the skills to be more then a chane of pace/3rd down back. I like his vision and cutback ability in our ZBS. But, you know you're right Riddick does have a skillset that fits the mold good runner/polished receiver. I should have included him in my list.

I agree about Cierre. I think he could work with us.

How often did you see banks playing offense? Austin would be on the field for 100% of offensive snaps and would be expected to block a lot.

doubt that! It would more likely be morris or young doing majority of blocking. Why would you bring in your most explosive weapon an have him block a lot? Reason banks didn't see the field that much is because he wet the bed each chance shanny gave him. Don't you think if banks was taking pitches an screens to the house I bet we would have seen banks every weekend!

doubt that! It would more likely be morris or young doing majority of blocking. Why would you bring in your most explosive weapon an have him block a lot? Reason banks didn't see the field that much is because he wet the bed each chance shanny gave him. Don't you think if banks was taking pitches an screens to the house I bet we would have seen banks every weekend!

I agree that you would not want him blocking every play. But as it is, our receivers (and every receiver) block a lot on running and option plays. I remember Shanahan saying that if the receivers can't block then they won't see the field.

I agree that you would not want him blocking every play. But as it is, our receivers (and every receiver) block a lot on running and option plays. I remember Shanahan saying that if the receivers can't block then they won't see the field.

I understand that but if we somehow got Austin you really think he wouldn't see the field because of blocking? Austin would be our weapon (pr,kr,pisol rb). Plus if djax can block in this league then Austin will be fine, imo.

I understand that but if we somehow got Austin you really think he wouldn't see the field because of blocking? Austin would be our weapon (pr,kr,pisol rb). Plus if djax can block in this league then Austin will be fine, imo.

I don't know if he can block. That's what I was asking in my OP. My point is that Shanahan won't want him if he can't block.

This is a useless, what-if scenario that has no chance of happening because too many teams are in front of us to have him be on the board at #51. If he does drop to #51 then we don't need to draft him because there is something wrong with either his character or an injury.

This is a useless, what-if scenario that has no chance of happening because too many teams are in front of us to have him be on the board at #51. If he does drop to #51 then we don't need to draft him because there is something wrong with either his character or an injury.

I think you missed the quotations in the title. You should re-read it, before declaring something useless. Tavon Austin is a well recognizable player with a certain style of play. So when they say we need a "Tavon Austin", what they're referring to is someone who plays like him, and could fulfill that role.

Looking at Ace Saunders, kinda makes you say 'what's the difference between him and T. Austin?' Saunders is a beast as well

That's what I've been saying. Ace Sanders would be great value in the 5th and a complete steal if he lasts that long.

I was just about to post the same thing...forget his 40 time watch his tape he has the quickness an shiftiness to flourish in kyles system.

I agree. He may not be Tavon Austin but IMO he will be a damn good player in the league for awhile. He is an elite kick/punt returner and just has absurd ability and instincts in the open field. He may not run a 4.3 but he always seemed to be faster than whoever was chasing him. He would be perfect in the role we tried to use Banks for; on returns and as the pitch man/slot receiver. Many of those guys don't have elite straight line speed but their lateral agility and elusiveness is more important for that role. I'd much rather use our 2nd round pick on a position of greater need and pick up Ace in the 3rd round or later than to trade up for Austin. Ace also is much more used to playing WR than Brandon Banks and while he isn't big by any stretch, he's a little more stout than Banks is and would be more well-suited to being on the field for more snaps.

Archived