Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arrington lays the smack down on Sapp!!!

Luca Brasi

Originally posted by GoSkins

Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves.

They weren't??

Hmmmmm, seems I read about the Romans, Greeks and other civilizations that had slaves that were white. Oh, but that doesn't matter does it... it's only American history we're talking about.

Well, the way I see it, my ancestors are german, so my ancestors were never slave owners, I don't feel guilty, I don't owe a damn thing.

BTW, Lets give all the former slaves 10 million dollars as reparations and those who never were slaves can just shut up.

Here's the sportsline article.

Arrington to Sapp: 'I'm going to get you' Oct. 8, 2003

SportsLine.com wire reports

ASHBURN, Va. -- Washington Redskins linebacker LaVar Arrington looked directly into the TV camera and delivered a sharp message to Warren Sapp.

Advertisement

Car: Economy Compact Intermediate Full Size Premium Luxury Convertible Minivan SUV Standard

City:

"Sapp," Arrington said. "I'm going to get you."

Much like the contrived trash talk engendered by broadcast reporters before events the Super Bowl, the Redskins linebacker challenged the Pro Bowl defensive tackle on two fronts Wednesday as the Redskins prepared for Sunday's game against Sapp's Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

First, Arrington said he'll take issue if Sapp comes on Washington's side of the field during pregame stretching, as Sapp has been known to do. Such pregame altercations have led the NFL to order officials to take the field 45 minutes before kickoff.

"I'm expecting for Warren Sapp to cause me to grab him -- because he's going to try to run through our lineup in pregame," Arrington said. "You never let a man run through your stretching line. If a team crosses your 50-yard line while you're stretching, there's a problem.

"You don't let somebody come to where your whole team is because that's a blatant show of disrespect, that's a blatant show of 'Why should I go around y'all?"'

Arrington was then asked what will happen if the Bucs use Sapp on offense. Sapp caught a touchdown pass against Atlanta two weeks ago.

"Sapp, I'm going to get you," Arrington said, looking straight into one of the cameras from a local TV station.

"If they put you out there, I'm going to get him. That's disrespectful in my opinion, too, to put defensive guys on offense that are lineman. I'm gunning. You come out there, you've got some killers on the other side of the ball -- just like you're a killer when you're on defense."

Sapp laughed after reading Arrington's comments.

"You tell Mr. Can't Get Right, I'll be there at 10:30 a.m. sharp, eastern standard time. Tell him don't be looking for me because I'm easily found," Sapp said, making reference to the difficulty the Redskins had mastering the defense run by former coordinator Marvin Lewis last season.

"Spare me. Is LaVar jealous that he can't play offense?" Sapp added. "Is he jealous that he can't get right? Tell `Can't Get Right' that his plate is full. It's a little bit too much to try to take on me."

AP NEWS

The Associated Press News Service

Copyright 2003, The Associated Press, All Rights Reserved

This whole thing is stupid. I see Lavar's point but I believe the damn zebras haven't been fair to Lavar this year. This only adds to them scrutinizing his every move come sunday. Late hit, roughing the passer, holding. . .to top it off he's calling out Sapp. That spels disaster to me.

Originally posted by ADF

Lets hope LA doesn't get himself kicked out of the game before it even starts.

That's exactly my thought. We haven't seemed to have gotten a fair deal lately on that sort of thing.

Look at the Eagle game. On the play where Ramsey's shoulder was hurt, the last guy on the pile came in pretty late. You could make an argument that he was already in motion - but he sure appeared to flop down full force in an attempt to injure. All right, I guess they're gonna let'em play today. Few minutes later LaVar gets that nonsense penalty and while the network guys agreed it was nonsense, they repeatedly talked about how the league was protecting QBs. :doh:

I fear if Sapp tries something and LaVar stops it, LA will be tossed from the field. If Spurrier is smart he's already in contact with the league demanding they warn Sapp against trying anything. Don't leave it up to the officials who plainly didn't take any action - go to the league now and leave no doubt.

It will be interesting. Lavar has called him out so, Sapp will have to do something or risk looking like he backed down. If Sapp does something, Lavar is going to have to do something or he'll look like a punk. The only thing that will stop this is a call from the league office.

Come on fellas....LA is showing some EMOTION.

Isn't that what we want from this team for once???

Too bad the rest of the bunch can't get as fired up as him.

You better damn well know the Bucs are gonna be pumped.

Originally posted by GoSkins

Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves. So, seriously, do those comments REALLY hurt your feelings? If you knew you had ancestors who were whipped for simply ... well ... living, then those type of comments would be a problem. Sure, the comments are terrible, but, they don't bother me. There's a deep cavern of hurt that many african-american people still harbor because of what we did to them. I don't condone what he said, but I understand where it's coming from and I forgive him.

If I knew there were organizations formed out of hate simply for the color of my skin, I'm sure that statement would sting. But they don't. Because I don't have to endure the embarassment of a history we, as white people, carved out for them and others.

It's really too bad there's such a past. Makes me angry to even think I probably descended from that same type of hate at one point or another, simply because I'm a white man.

I'm sorry but this attitude kills me. White americans enslaved anyone that would either allow themselves to be taken. Irish (Factories), Chinese (Railroads), and Native Americans (We stole their lands). What was done was an injustice BUT they weren't the only opressed people... unless you're a Jesse Jackson follower!

When I first read this article I thought maybe Lavar knows him and is joking. But then I just saw the interview three times, once on comcast, once on channel 4, and once on ESPN. And let me tell you this guy is far from joking, he is seriously pissed off, scariest ive ever seen him, he's crazy man, go ahead and mess with him Sapp. To add to it though he said he's gunning after all of them, he said he's tired of losing and he's going to do his part, he doesnt care if they have to carry him off the field at the end of the game. So it wasnt just an interview talking trash.

As for Sapp's comments, I know these players dont do school work anyway so it doesnt matter much but.............Lavar went to Penn State, Sapp went to Miami, yeah why is he cracking jokes about Lavar not being able to understand Marvin's scheme. Sorry its not as easy as the Bucs cover 2 thing Sapp. Sapp is a piece of trash, almost not worth the time.

I think this is good for our team, get some fire in them.......they are playing so dead right now. Lets pump this machine up huh! Sapp skips through the warmup of every team and the only team to do something about it is the Steelers, and now us. We have pride, and if he skips through our side, I think Lavar should light him up right there. I hate Warren Sapp, always have and always will, no even more so than before.

Originally posted by Kelvin Bryant

*Because white people were never held in bondage as slaves.*

Uh, you might want to have somebody read you a history book.

There were slaves of all races and nationalities for thousands of years. The term itself comes from "Slavs", a population in what is now Eastern Europe.

Slavery was ended, at no small cost in blood, primarily by the very Western Civilization you now ignorantly blame for its existance...

Yes, and when I think of all the white people who were bound in slavery all those thousands of years ago, it really hurts down deep. It makes what has happened to african-america people insignificant. So when I hear a person like Sapp say what he did against the white man, I'll remember your words of wisdom, Kelvin.

I guess being in bondage thousands of years ago justifies what happened here in America - a place of freedom - justified? Lame. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Redskinjoe

I'm sorry but this attitude kills me. White americans enslaved anyone that would either allow themselves to be taken. Irish (Factories), Chinese (Railroads), and Native Americans (We stole their lands). What was done was an injustice BUT they weren't the only opressed people... unless you're a Jesse Jackson follower!

They're still opressed. Ever heard of the KKK? I'm sure you have. Keep believing everythings all flowers and sunrises.

Originally posted by codeorama

They weren't??

Hmmmmm, seems I read about the Romans, Greeks and other civilizations that had slaves that were white. Oh, but that doesn't matter does it... it's only American history we're talking about.

Well, the way I see it, my ancestors are german, so my ancestors were never slave owners, I don't feel guilty, I don't owe a damn thing.

BTW, Lets give all the former slaves 10 million dollars as reparations and those who never were slaves can just shut up.

Code, it's stil their history. It's still something they have to live with. Do you sit around wondering about what happened to your enslaved white brothers in ancient Rome and Greece? If you say, yes, you're lying through your teeth. Yet, something that happened in a free America a hundred years ago should be completely forgotten, immediately? I can forgive a remark like Sapp made. And, yes, I can probable understand why the same remark can remain unforgiven by a black man.

GOSkins

WTH are you on about? My grandfather became a prominent lawyer in DC and he grew up in a time of LEGAL discrimination and separate water fountains.

I think people need to get the hell over it. EVer heard of the 80 or so people murdered by the Black 'muslim' killers in the SF Bay area? Or that the disproportionate target of rape by black men are white women? Or that blacks have eclipsed whites in racially motivated murders?

When does it end? The VAST MAJORITY of whites in this country didn't even have ancestors that owned slaves, or even participated in the Jim Crow-era oppression--why should blacks hold anything against them?

But whites shouldn't have any negative feelings when 4 of them are murdered and raped in Wichita, right? That surely was more recent than 30-150 years ago.

Right . . . . so that's why it was necessary to throw gasoline on the fire. Jesus Christ. It's already a mismatch facing the Bucs defensive line. Do we have to actively taunt them before the game?

Are we gonna be pu**ys like the Colts??? Let's stand up to this a-hole and show some guts for once.

Originally posted by GhostofWoodsonReturns

GOSkins

WTH are you on about? My grandfather became a prominent lawyer in DC and he grew up in a time of LEGAL discrimination and separate water fountains.

I think people need to get the hell over it. EVer heard of the 80 or so people murdered by the Black 'muslim' killers in the SF Bay area? Or that the disproportionate target of rape by black men are white women? Or that blacks have eclipsed whites in racially motivated murders?

When does it end? The VAST MAJORITY of whites in this country didn't even have ancestors that owned slaves, or even participated in the Jim Crow-era oppression--why should blacks hold anything against them?

But whites shouldn't have any negative feelings when 4 of them are murdered and raped in Wichita, right? That surely was more recent than 30-150 years ago.

And I'm not at ALL saying I agree with any type of violence by a black man prompted by revenge for their past. I certainly hope you didn't take that from my posts. Because you're way off base if you did.

Guys guys guys,

Slavery is over, I dont think any of us can argue about it becuase none of us have been through it. But my points is this. Rush Limbaugh's comments had NOTHING to do with offending African Americans, see he just said that he felt that Mcnabb was overrated and the reason he got so much media attension was because the media liked the idea of another good African American QB. He didnt mean to offend slaves or anything he just meant thats the reason that Mcnabb got so much attension. Sapp's comments were basically racist, and they were putting down white people.

But it doesnt matter really, Sapp is a *****.

Request on the "race" aspect of this thread: let's not let this one get away from us, alright?

As to LaVar's comments ... the man has balls. Be glad he's on your team.

Been a long time since we've swaggered.

I say it's about damn time.

I agree with Om, about the thread AND Lavar.

People whine and say it's "talk" and going to get Sapp mad. WHO CARES??! Sapp is going against Thomas(if he's good to go) I'm not worried about them.

The Skins are not the Bungles, they should not be scared of what an opponent will do, or even how the team will play--if THE SKINS bring their game, they will win. It's that simple.

Hell yeah Om and GWR,

THats what i'm talking about. It takes balls to go after a bigshot media loved guy like Sapp, and Lavar has dont it. Even if we lose it shows the fact that we arent going to be DISRESPECTED! We wont stand for that ****. We are a team and we have pride in being on this team, if you wanna skip your ass through our streches then your going to skip your ass right down to the ****ing ground *****!!!!! HELL YEAH! Lavar kicks ass, this shows a lot to me, it shows that this guy is serious about this sport and about this team.

LAVAR! LAVAR! LAVAR! LAVAR! (crowd goes crazy!!!!!!)

Can we all boo Sapp whenever he does anything on Sunday, i like it when that happens to guys!

Get off Lavar will you. This is an attempt to get our team showing some emotion. The Finn coverage came from a new formation in which we had never seen from them so nobody knew their assignments. If it werent for Arrington we wouldnt have even been in that game. This guy leads our football team, he hasnt made many stupid mistakes, but he has made a lot of plays this year to keep us in games.

Archived