Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

It's Been a Long Time

superozman

This Sunday represents a lot for us Skins fans, who've been through an awful lot over the years. But one big thing is the division up for grabs.

It's been so long since the last division win, that we all were at completely different parts of our lives. Our world was completely diferent in 1999 - this is what this team/coaching staff has brought us, the ability to win in the division.

Sunday represents a culmination of a lot of things, hopefully on the good side. Finally a team who has a shot to win, finally a kicker who is trustworthy, finally some players who have absolutely not given up, even when the coach counted them out. Oh yea, and that QB dude.

But to show how long it's been - Bill Clinton was president. If you had a computer, it probably rand on windows 95 or 98. Napster was just unveiled. You could get gas for around $1.35 a gallon. We were afraid of Y2K. I was in 9th grade...

...RGIII was in 3rd grade.

With all these broken streaks, it's time to start a new one, involving the NFC East Division Crown.

I'm glad you brought up Forbath. To me, his presence signals the beginning of a new era almost as much as RG3. When was the last time we could trust a kicker? How many heartbreaks have we suffered because our kickers were terrible?

I, for one, wouldn't be surprised at all if the division came down to Forbath's foot.

Of course I'm hoping for the division title on Sunday evening but win or lose, how good does it feel to know we will have #10 under center for the next 10 years plus?

I can't remember a time I was this excited about the Redskins franchise.

Archived