Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Giant fans take

jp03

Just wait until the Redskins get out of cap/draft hell and can provide RG3 with a big time WR. If not for the cap sanctions, guy could have been throwing to VJax this year. Scary thought for the NFCE.

Redskins set at QB probably for the next 12 years while the Cowboys and Giants will likely be looking for one in 3 or 4 years (maybe sooner for the Cowboys). Shifting of the guard? I hope not.

John Mara agrees with this Vagiant fan. Hence his leading the charge on the pillaging of our cap space. RG3 with a ton of cap space to sign big name talent had this guy terrified, and his team still took last minute heroics to beat us in their house. His team deserves the bottom of the division for a decade because of that gutless ***** move.

If I was a Giants fan, I would be infuriated that the lesser son of a great NFL owner pulled this **** and disgraced my team and the sport I love.

---------- Post added November-23rd-2012 at 06:42 PM ----------

While mara strikes me as an arrogant ass with his comments surrounding capgate......he is not alone on the collusion. The other owners went along with this, as did the nflpa for reasons all of ntheir own ($$$$)

For me though, here is the problem I have with Mara. Without his pressing the issue (because his team plays in the same division) the rest of the NFL would likely have just accepted that the Redskins and Dallas took advantage of the situation. It was what it was. Something that every other team also had the right to do.

Instead, Mara "leads the mob into the jailhouse" and Snyder and Jones pay for a plethora of "sins" by everyone going around the rules than by the "law" bringing them down legtimately. While this kind of stuff makes for great movies, it should not apply in the real world.

Ultimately, the Redskins and Dallas were punished because they were smarter than everybody else. The fact that the punishment stood is a travesty.

Archived