Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Our Next Punter

His Dad was an NFL punter in the 70's and 80's as was his cousin

Not only does he have great distance and hang time he can drop them out of bounds inside the ten constantly.

last week against South Carolina dropped two inside the one, rolling out of bounds.

Sadly he was the only player tonight that looked good against Auburn :(

Plus his is a lefty.

Originally posted by Mick

Barker is still good for those pooch punts, from inside the opponents territory, since he has trouble booting them over 35 yards

Exactly. From the 50-yard line in, Barker's as good as anyone at pinning the other team deep.

The question is is it worth it?

We haven't been hurt by Barker yet this year so until he shanks a punt or put us in a situation where he contributes to a loss, I'm not thinking about another punter. Big difference between college and Pros when it comes to both place kicking and punting. Many great College kickers have been cut immediately in the NFL. Different ball and pressure to perform.

The Kicker from University of Maryland is the guy who kicks @ss. Nick Novak has a leg from god it seems like sometimes. Punter Adam Podlesh's average is about 45 yards, He longest punt though is about 63 yards. But he is only a freshman. So with time, he should really mature! And Novak still has another year. I think that the Skins and the Terps should just switch there leg units.

Oh no Colquitt is amazing! He was player of the game last week vs. South Carolina, when's the last time you saw the punter a player of the game. Skelator is right, this guy is awesome. I went to a Tennessee game earlier this year and ive never seen anyone bomb punts like that holy ****! His average is probably only 49 yards because when they punt from like the 50 or so, he always drops those right on like the 3 and bounces them straight up. He is seriously an awesome punter, whenever he is asked to punt it far its ridiculous, ive never in my life seen someone consistantly bomb punts like this kid. WOW!

Archived