Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Skins v. Eagles #1 Fox Broadcast on Sunday

NBlue

Jeez, the Fox page says that ABQ will be getting the Skins game, however my Comcast box (using the remote to check Sunday) lists the damn Lions/49ers game. Since it is a late game I can't be fiddling around at home till game time waiting to see if it is just an error on the TV menu.

Ahhh the debate - take the chance on the FOX website data or just hit the sportsbar.

Yomar, I was using the schedule from foxsports and also the listings at yahoo. Seems like the Rams and 49ers always get the coverage in L.A.

Om, thanks for feeling our pain. Another week of scrambling to a sports bar with crappy t.v's and bad sound. Can't get DirectTv without view of southern sky.

Awgustlab, yeah, you'd think they'd have this figured out. It's not rocket science.

I wonder how much money the NFL is losing a year by NOT having all their games available on a pay-per-view arrangement with cable AND satellite providers. Even those fortunate enough to be in their favorite teams' market and able to see them every week would pay for some games ... I know I would.

Our local stations in the DC area are flat out HORRIBLE in terms of the games they offer, due to whatever convoluted regional agreements they're tied to. They just never, ever seem to carry the "obvious" attractive game. It's maddening.

I'm not moved to switch to Direct TV and pay and annual NFL Ticket package just for the dozen or so games over the course of each season other than Skins games that I'd really like to see, because I never know from week to week when I'll be able to watch, or if the game I'd really like to see happens to be on opposite the Skins (in which case its' SOL) ... but I'd sure as hell pay on a per-game-basis for a few of them.

I know it's complicated, what with the various arrangements with FOX, CBS, ESPN, ABC and the Ticket ... but on the other hand, if it's already that complicated, how much more difficult could it be to broaden this thing out a bit; to where fans could dial up a few games a year that are actually attractive to them, rather than being force fed ONE crappy "regional" game week that they only watch because ... well ... because it's football.

Grr.

Originally posted by Posse81

As much as I love going to the games at Fed Ex, I'm looking forward to sitting on my couch on a fall Sunday afternoon, ordering good food and drinking nice beer.

Yes and don't forget going to a babtism for a fat baby ;)

Originally posted by Hitman56

We'll probably get that crappy 'zona / 'girls game in DC, in keeping with the garbage that they usually give us.

You are correct.

The only good news is that with the Giants game on CBS we get to see all our divisional opponents lose....

smurf,

I've used the KTTV website for the last 3 years and it has never steered me wrong, but just to double check, I just called KTTV Fox 11 Sport Information line and they confirmed that they are airing the Redskins this Sunday. If you want to check yourself, its a recorded message. Call this number

Fox 11 Sports Information Line:

310-584-2348

And never doubt me:poke:

Cool Yomar. Thanks for the info.

Om, my understanding is that the NFL wants to avoid cable pay-per-view because of piracy issues. I suppose if there was mass piracy in a cable pay per game system then the NFL couldn't sign any exclusive deals and make the chunk of money it's getting from DirectTv. But even allowing for some piracy, wouldn't the NFL rake in major $ just from the sheer number of cable subscribers (relative to satellite users) who would buy a few games per year?

Seems logical enough to me, smurf. Hell I take advantage of cable pay-per-view to get Virginia Tech games 2 or 3 times a year when they don't make the weekly cut on network or ESPN ... I'd absolutely do that for NFL games.

Not sure what I'd pay, to be honest, but I can see popping a good $10 to $15 for a prime 4pm game between say Tampa and Kansas City when all local networks are offering is Cleveland vs. Baltimore. And I'd probably do it about a half dozen times a year.

Just can't believe this isn't a potential gold mine for the league.

Still, it's not like they don't seem to know how to market their product these days. Guess we'll just have to assume for the time being that they've done their market research and have a better handle on this than I do.

Sigh.

Um ... not related to this or anything ... anyone know anything about intercepting Direct TV signals? ;)

Archived