Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 2013 HOF nominees

s0crates

Preliminary HOF nominees have been released, and there are quite a few Redskins on the list.

http://www.profootballhof.com/enshrinement/2012/9/27/2013-nominees-for-football-hall-of-fame/

RB: Larry Centers, Stephen Davis, Brian Mitchell

WR: Gary Clark, Henry Ellard, Andre Reed

OL: Joe Jacoby, Jim Lachey

DL: Dexter Manley, Charles Mann

LB: Ken Harvey

Non-player: Bobby Beathard

The guys I think have the best chance of surviving the cuts are Gary Clark, Dexter Manley, and Joe Jacoby. You could also make a good case for Brian Mitchell and Charles Mann.

Here's hoping we can see one of these 'skins greats enshrined next year. I'm especially pulling for Joe Jacoby. Right now Grimm is the only hog in the HOF, and I think Jacoby should be there with him.

Thoughts?

BMitch won't make it because there aren't any return guys in the Hall of Fame and BMitch will be no different. Sorry just the way it goes.

Probably right, there really aren't that many special teams/role player type guys in the HOF, but if there should be some, you can make the case that BMitch should be one of them.

BMitch is second all-time in all-purpose yards, behind only Jerry Rice, and ahead of Walter Payton and Emmit Smith. That is pretty impressive. He is easily one of the top return men to ever play the game, perhaps even the top return man of all-time.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/all_purpose_yds_career.htm

Also, BMitch was a member of 1991 Super Bowl team, so he has a championship on his resume. He was also a 3-time All-Pro.

It would be easier to root for him if he was not the team's biggest critic in the local media, but based solely off what he did on the football field, I think BMitch deserves some consideration here.

Archived