Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo Sports: Josh Morgan takes one of the worst penalties in NFL history, costs Redskins a chance at overtime (and related news)

s0crates

Kind of sad that i can think of 3 times the Redskins have done something like this to cost them a game. Westbrook with the helmet, Joe Gibbs with the 2 timeouts and now Morgan with ball throw. I don't remember seeing these things happen for other teams but could be selective memory. I can't think of any team having 8 blocked kicks in an 18 game stretch or for this whole damn century so far either but the Redskins have managed to do it.

From Adam Schefter.

http://www.whosay.com/AdamSchefter/content/401219?wsref=tw&code=pHx4eiH

September 23, 2012The night before Washington played the Rams, Redskins coaches played a 10-minute highlight video that spanned the last three years of all the late hits and ways that St. Louis CB Cortland Finnegan has tried to bait his opponents into getting penalties. Redskins played the 10-minute highlight video that spanned back the past three years with the warning: Do not retaliate. do not react. Whatever you do, do not retaliate. This is what Finnegan has done for years, and he will try to do it again tomorrow. So what happens? Finnegan shoves Josh Morgan, Morgan retaliates, and the Redskins are forced to try a 63-yard field goal rather than a 48-yard one.

Josh should get the only C'mon Man this week. You better redeem yourself soon, buddy!

Kind of sad that i can think of 3 times the Redskins have done something like this to cost them a game. Westbrook with the helmet, Joe Gibbs with the 2 timeouts and now Morgan with ball throw. I don't remember seeing these things happen for other teams but could be selective memory. I can't think of any team having 8 blocked kicks in an 18 game stretch or for this whole damn century so far either but the Redskins have managed to do it.

The Joe Gibbs two timeout call wasn't that bad... the kicker made a FG while one of them was being called... it was a makeable FG even without the extra yardage.... Westbrook taking off his helmet took us out of FG range...

Archived