Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best way to get to a game from NEW YORK

ICEMAN1313

Hi Everyone. I am a New Yorkers who hates the GIANTS and loves the REDSKINS. Never been to a game but I was thinking for my 5OTH I would love to go to a game. Can anyone direct me in the best way to get there via southwest or maybe the train. I would like to stay in a hotel that maybe has a shuttle to the game.

If anyone can help out that would be great. Also If I put this post in the wrong place please let me know.

I have done it 2 ways. Coming from Albany i have driven down which can take anywhere between 6-8 hours. Usually stay somewhere outside of DC but close to the Metro. You can take the Metro anywhere (including the game) its really cheap and clean.

I have also taken southwest into BMI. Rented a car and did the same hotel deal. If you want to PM me or whatever i can see if i can find the place i stayed at last time. It was a Best Western..pretty good price..very clean...and like a mile away from the Metro.

If you're coming from NYC, with Amtrak if you buy tickets over 2 weeks in advance, you can get them for $50 each way. The train is a relaxing way to and from NYC, IMO. Beyond that, if all you care about is the game, you could stay around the stadium, but the area is dumpy. If you wanted to do it right, find a hotel in DC, then find a shuttle bus. I'd google them for you but I'm busy. :)

Archived