Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Chris Cooley Says he hasn't been as impressed with a rookie as good as RG3 since the late great ST21.. wow

GO HAMSKINS

Tarik Al Bashir mentioned also yesterday that Cooley told him that the only other rookie he's seen that never acted or "looked" like a rookie was Sean Taylor.

That's just more high praise for an impressive young man. Especially when you consider that he doesn't have to defeat the same off the field issues that Sean had to... more time for study and the game of football. I am very excited about Robert Griffin, III.

Tarik Al Bashir mentioned also yesterday that Cooley told him that the only other rookie he's seen that never acted or "looked" like a rookie was Sean Taylor.

That's just more high praise for an impressive young man. Especially when you consider that he doesn't have to defeat the same off the field issues that Sean had to... more time for study and the game of football. I am very excited about Robert Griffin, III.

Yeah RGIII has the world excited!

To put this into context: Basically you'd have to be a 1st round draft pick to be taken seriously and since 2004 here's the first rounders:

ST

Carlos "No D In" Rogers

Jason Campbell (Came in as a backup)

Laron Landry (Came in overshadowed by ST)

Brian Orakpo (Probably the closest to impressing Cooley)

Trent Williams (Need based pick due to Chris Samuels retiring)

Ryan Kerrigan (Traded down, could have gotten a higher player)

To put this into context: Basically you'd have to be a 1st round draft pick to be taken seriously and since 2004 here's the first rounders:

ST

Carlos "No D In" Rogers

Good context. Seeing the list, it's easy to see why Cooley would be impressed. That isn't to say that RG3 isn't impressive in his own right...

ST

Carlos "No D In" Rogers

I don't think where a player is drafted is any measure of his character. Though that's an attribute that can certainly help raise their stock, I don't think you can say that a player who is drafted in the 5th round can't come in with maturity and leadership attributes.

Archived