Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.COM: Giants Targeted 49ers Williams in Playoffs

HailGreen28

I'll disagree with this slightly. They're both saying that we need to take him out of the game. The only reason I see them differently is that one has to do with a very serious debilitating injury (Just ask the Mackey family) and one doesn't deal with anything as serious.

I agree with you, but I don't think it's completely fair to say that the 49ers didn't do anything wrong by saying "we should take him out of the game." Of course, if this is the nature of the league I'm slightly more ok with that, but it still irritates me.

The Saints, and more specifically Gregg Williams, were doing this for years on a much larger more institutionalized scale. I'm certainly not condoning talk of giving someone a concussion, but I'm not gonna claim they're the same crime and should be handled the same way.

Well, I don't think the Niners said, or as far as I know did anything wrong in this case. The rest sounds fair. I'm really saying it's the same type of crime. Where nothing's been done in the G-ants case.

Well, I don't think the Niners said, or as far as I know did anything wrong in this case. The rest sounds fair. I'm really saying it's the same type of crime. Where nothing's been done in the G-ants case.

And I'd agree with you that this really needs to be discussed more then it has been, especially by the league. That being said, I don't think it's a fair to say they're both the same, because one did happen for longer and was much more institutionalized. But you're right to say this really shouldn't be swept under the rug.

Archived