Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trotter Sits Out Practice but....

StevieInferior

Spurrier is still working with him for a wekness in his brain, oh I mean game:

. . . At one point during practice Wednesday, coach Steve Spurrier playfully hit Trotter in the head and asked, ``What are you going to do, hit me back?'' Trotter declined. Remember, he retaliated against the Giants and was busted.

:gus: :doh:

I saw an interview with Trotter on Comcast. He said it was pretty funny when Spurrier hit him. And then of course talked trash about hitting him back.

I think thats good, while getting the point accross he's kinda joking around with them about it. Clear the air a bit, its over now.

Here's the artical.

More Reaction On the Practice Referees

09/25/2003

By Gary Fitzgerald

Redskins.com

For the second straight afternoon, a squad of referees joined the Redskins for practice. The referees were positioned at various spots throughout the two-hour session, observing line play and the secondary for potential infractions.

Head coach Steve Spurrier said the team practiced crisply on Thursday, with very few penalty flags thrown by the refs.

“They tossed a few,” Spurrier said. “We had a wide receiver flinch on a three-count snap today, but overall we practiced well. It’s the ball games that we need to be more disciplined.”

He added: “The referees out here will only benefit us if we play well within the games. That’s where we can tell if this has been productive or not.”

Players welcomed the presence of the referees from the Eastern Collegiate Athletic Conference.

“They’re just keeping us aware of making the mistakes that we make,” said left tackle Chris Samuels. “We’ve got to correct them at practice so that we’re focused during games.”

Added middle linebacker Jeremiah Trotter: “I’m a firm believer that you play like you practice. So [the referees] will help us be more conscious of what we’re doing.”

At one point during Wednesday’s practice, Trotter said Spurrier approached him and smacked his helmet—apparently trying to draw an unsportsmanlike flag on the Pro Bowl linebacker. In last Sunday's game against the Giants, Trotter was flagged after he retaliated after a hard hit.

“Coach Spurrier said, ‘What are you going to do…Are you going to hit me back?’” Trotter said, laughing. “I thought it was pretty funny.”

So did he hit Spurrier back?

“What do you think?” Trotter replied.

Given the team's 17 penalties in last Sunday’s 24-21 loss to the Giants, it’s a good bet the answer was no.

Archived