Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Where's Mary Lou?

shamaran

While I've watched as Tom, the giant's fan, came by before games for some friendly bashing, he at least came back to say, "good game" or something to that effect. Even denver's fans came back to say, "the refs blew the game." Yeah, right.

I wonder where Mary Lou the eagle fan went?

The last I saw, Lou and eagletisitic (or something like that) were counting their respective eaglets before they hatched.

They do now, indeed, have the yolk allll over them!

It's seems only fair that other teams fans that stop by to crow about their team before the game, would have the good manners to stop in afterwards to eat some crow. Eh, Mary Lou?

Originally posted by shamaran:

While I've watched as Tom, the giant's fan, came by before games for some friendly bashing, he at least came back to say, "good game" or something to that effect. Even denver's fans came back to say, "the refs blew the game." Yeah, right.

I wonder where Mary Lou the eagle fan went?

The last I saw, Lou and eagletisitic (or something like that) were counting their respective eaglets before they hatched.

They do now, indeed, have the yolk allll over them!

It's seems only fair that other teams fans that stop by to crow about their team before the game, would have the good manners to stop in afterwards to eat some crow. Eh, Mary Lou?

How do you do Shamaran. My name is Eagle Lou as you can see from my nick, not Mary Lou. For somebody who didnt say squat to me all week about our football clubs or some smack tradin, you sure are talkin loud now huh? Takes a real Skin fan to show up and post powerful remarks about my smack talk after the game, and not before it hehe. Guess your superstitious or something like that. Hey, I understand, your Skins beat a flat Eagle team last Sunday, and again hats off to your club. Do me a favor ok? When I do the return trip in here in a few weeks, please by all means join me in some debates on our clubs and our philosophies, I welcome your opinions, either smack or logical talk, either is fine with me. Peace out for now Samantha or whatever you call yourself. smile.gif

So Lou, have all the Eagles fans bought into the spin that the Eagles were 'flat' and the Skins played over their heads?

It seems to be the common excuse this week.

And if it is true, how do the Eagles come out flat against a division rival, a squad that is only two games behind them, and a team that it has historically played tough, intense football games with?

the Eagles were flat because the Redskins flattened them smile.gif

don't tell me a team like Philly with a good coach is going to let his team host a division rival in a game where his team can virtually lock up the title and then have it come out as if it didn't care.

there was hard hitting and crisp tackling on both sides in that game. you can see that by the number of players on both teams that were helped off the field.

the Eagles if anything were just fooled on offense by a veteran coordinator who had a couple of players in Arrington and Smoot that McNabb hasn't seen before.

Arrington missed that game last year when McNabb went crazy running the ball but his presence and 4.5 speed sure made a difference Sunday, eh?

Smoot closed the gap in the secondary. With Bailey and Smoot in man coverage, Thrash and Mitchell were schooled by better players.

Just as Westbrook and Gardner were by Vincent and Taylor, except for a stretch in the fourth quarter.

13-3 to me is a hard fought game. If the Eagles had come out and lost 27-0 as the Redskins were doing the first couple of weeks than maybe I would buy the argument the Eagles were merely going through the motions.

Funny thing is the game should have been closer to 27-0 when you consider the fumble occured without contact and stopped a definate scoring drive.(3 to 7)

Conway missed a makable fieldgoal. 3 point

Pierces Int was called back on a dubious holding penalty .

7 points

And the blind refs extended the philly scoring drive by calling a personal foul on Lavar instead of on T Thomas.

So it should have been 23-0 atleastcaveman.gif

And it wouldnt have been because they were flat it would have been because they got their a$$ whipped.

Before the game, Lou, I stated (here) that the game would come down to the very basics -- essentials of football.

That is just what happened. We ran the ball down the Eagles throats. We also effectively stopped the run. As it turned out it wasn't so much Davis vs. Duce; it was the play of our lines vs. the Eagles' lines.

And yes, the other difference was. . .Lavar.

Flat? Yes, the Eagles were flat, literally, not figuratively. Flat on their back as the Redskins ran over them.

Archived