Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gizmodo: Crazy things the TSA found

MattFancy

http://gizmodo.com/5884690/heres-the-crazy-things-the-tsa-found-last-week-cannonballs-grenades-ninja-stars-and-more

In the picture above, from left to right, two cannonballs, a grenade launcher, 'fantasy' knives, grenades, ninja star, nunchucks, throwing knives, a Kukri knife and a whole bunch of other sharp objects. Just a week in the life of a TSA agent, I guess. Honestly, this list is almost as impressive as all of 2011. I mean, a cannonball? These weapons were found in various airports across the country which means there are dumb people everywhere. However, my favorite response to why a passenger tried to bring a kitchen knife on board with them has to go to this guy, who simply responded that there were "no good knives in Cancun." Oh, people.

Wow, seriously?!

I get the guys issue with "no good knives" in Cancun. Vacation rentals always have really cheap POS knives. If you plan on cooking at home to save money (and to enjoy the fresh local ingredients) there really is a big difference between preparing a meal with a decent German or Japanese knife and using whatever they're selling cheap at the Mercado. Or for that matter what ever crap the owner of the unit has equipped it with. If you're a good cook it's more of a big deal than others might realize. Still, I would've known better than to try and bring one in my carry on. I bet he could have found one at a Sanborn's.

When I was flying back from Mexico City in the 90's I had my leather-man in my carry on backpack and they made me go back and check it. There it was, a leather-man with a baggage slip bigger than it was and I didn't have high hopes. I'm happy to say it was there on the carousel with all the suitcases when I arrived in Juarez no problemo.

I we got b****ed at by the TSA in Hawaii a couple of years ago for having a "snow globe" in our carry on luggage that contained less than 4 ouces of water in it. It was a small sized globe and my wife collects them. Wow, I really could have taken everyone hostage or better yet taken the plane down with 3 oz of water. Had to put it in a separate box and have it "checked in" since our large luggage already went through at "pick it up" in Salt Lake City.

Archived