Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Official ES Redskins/Jets HC/FO Thread: They are Heading in the Right Direction

SkinsNoles21

The Redskins and Dan Snyder have tried many things to win over the past decade +. The one thing they haven't tried ... patience and doing it the right way. Until now.

Whether you are fully behind the Shanahan's and Bruce Allen ... I find it hard to grade them anything other than incomplete.

Despite not seeing much of Jenkins and Hankerson ... those two look very promising, while Kerrigan and Helu are cornerstones of the franchise. When was the last time you've seen the Redskins FO hit on their first four draft picks? We rarely even get four draft picks in the first four rounds.

This offseason is the key offseason IMO. If they have another offseason like last season, with a focus on the offensive side of the ball, specifically, QB ... then we can begin to grade the Shanahan's appropriately.

In today's game ... we probably have thrown a little more than we should. This is only a problem because our QB isn't very good. Get a QB ... and this complaint goes away.

Overall, this team is fighting hard, while missing a lot of players. To me, that is a positive sign for the future.

I for one am looking forward to the future with this regime. If they don't draft a QB, then my tune will change.

---------- Post added December-4th-2011 at 03:00 PM ----------

Something I find interesting. The Skins have looked really good on their opening drive the last two weeks.

Game plan by the coaches?

Mike;; yea, he's moving the team in the right direction.

Bruce;; i'm sure he has a very good vision of the future of this team.

Kyle;; move him to Bangkok, Chile, North Pole, ANYWHERE but DC; he is NOT OC material, I don't care what ANYONE says.

Mike, do the right thing, even though its your son, he is just not the person for this job, and his playcalling proves it...

Something I find interesting. The Skins have looked really good on their opening drive the last two weeks.

Game plan by the coaches?

They should at least look good on opening drives. All of those plays are scripted.

Right now our coaches' in game adjustments are subpar.

You're right, the young guys look promising. Our defense plays well but need the offense to put up more points. Avg QB results in average Offense

But good effort by the team today. This team has come a long way and I hope they keep improving and continue to build a solid base.

Kyle Shannahan's playcalling was horrible. Run was working in first quarter so the rest of the time was pass, pass, pass. They did run a little late in the 3rd, but I'd like to see some stats of what the percentages were. Maybe break it down by quarter? imo, Kyle let the team down today.

Archived