Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AJC: Falcons punch out Lions, then rip Suh for taunting Ryan

LeesburgSkinFan

This has nothing to do with respecting an injured player. Sure, some of the rules are maddening in the aspect of this game, but when a guy goes down, those rules, all rules, are out the window. The wistle is blown, a guy's down. It is time to at least be respectful. If Suh had been taken out on a play, maybe rolled up on, I doubt that he or any other Lion would be okay with Falcons' players mocking and/or taunting him while he was down despite what "his game" is.

Let me clarify then. I was responding to one of Conn's posts, and while he was responding to someone else;s post about Suh needed to be a monster, I was responding to his post, which seemed to address the NFL overall, and the recent rule changes, which I have a problem with.

Football is meant to be a violent game. When you implement a ton of rule changes, with too much of a gray area, where few offenses are deemed cut and dry, you risk ruining the game. To me, that has nothing to do with applauding a guy because he "allegedly" kicked/taunted someone.

Let me clarify then. I was responding to one of Conn's posts, and while he was responding to someone else;s post about Suh needed to be a monster, I was responding to his post, which seemed to address the NFL overall, and the recent rule changes, which I have a problem with.

Football is meant to be a violent game. When you implement a ton of rule changes, with too much of a gray area, where few offenses are deemed cut and dry, you risk ruining the game. To me, that has nothing to do with applauding a guy because he "allegedly" kicked/taunted someone.

Sorry. i should have paid closer attention to the post you were responding to. I agree the the rules have gotten somewhat out of hand in certain areas, but I would never agree with anyone taunting an injured player (not saying that you would agree with that). If Suh did that, I find it indefensible. I know he is denying it, but he also has denied being a dirty player when he has clearly, in my eyes, made some dirty hits/plays. So, I have my doubts on what he says. I'm sure if there is a camera angle that shows him during that time span, it will be looked over by the media day and night to try and prove or disprove this incident.

Archived