Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Tech help please!

OrangeSkin

I'm applying to grad schools, a lot of which require an uploaded copy of your scanned transcript. I'm a complete luddite, so my girlfriend scanned it for me last night and saved it as a PDF to my desktop. Somehow it's 31.11 MB, which I gather is obscenely massive--too large, in fact, to be uploaded to any applications. For example, the size limit on one of the websites is 2500 KB, which I've learned is WAY smaller than 31.11 MB. Like I said, I'm a tech moron, so I have no clue how to fix this. Does anyone have any advice?

jnhay, thanks for the link...tried some of the stuff, but I don't think it's going to work. I managed to copy and paste my transcript to a word document, but it's still 28 MB, which makes no sense to me. Basically, I have to get a 28 MB file down to 2.4 MB. As far as I can tell, that's pretty much impossible.

Can you view the text of your transcript in a web browser?

The issue is that the scanned transcript is going to be a bunch of large images. You need to get the text of the document to send to them. A 5 page word document would be about 300 KB max.

---------- Post added October-18th-2011 at 09:04 PM ----------

Just read the other response.

How many pages is the document?

What exactly did you do to produce a 28 MB word file? (that is really big)

Archived