Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FYI: Jim Haslett will be on 97.5fm The Fanatic in a few minutes...(Podcast added)

flexxskins

Can somebody provide a synopsis for us out-of-towners?
Forgive my memory, but I'm going to give it a try.

Earlier in the show someone asked Sal what made the Redskins defense so good? He said that it was because we have one hell of a defensive coordinator, we have two great OLB's, a great MLB in Fletcher, a NT that we absolutely stole from the Giants in Cofield, and a beast of a SS in Laron Landry.

Haslett said that we don't view the Eagles as a 1-4 team but a very talented team with skilled players. Haslett considers Shady McCoy to be one of the top RB's in the league if not the top...(so do I).

Haslett was asked how many times does he actually send Landry in on blitzes. Haslett said that it was just a couple of times a game, and that Landry will sometimes blitz on his own.

The host also mentioned that Asante Samual held a players only meeting this week.

That's all I got man. My memory is getting horrible...lol.

He also mentioned that most of the time what most people are calling blitzes are not actually considered blitzes in his playbook. He said he only called 3-4 blitzes in the St. Louis game.

I think the common definition of a "blitz" is a non-lineman rushing the passer. I didn't get a chance to hear it, but I would assume that Haslett only considers it a "blitz" if 6 or 7 are rushing.

I think the common definition of a "blitz" is a non-lineman rushing the passer. I didn't get a chance to hear it, but I would assume that Haslett only considers it a "blitz" if 6 or 7 are rushing.

with a standard 4-3, i would say sending 5 is a blitz. but with a 3-4, u almost have 5 lineman because of the two olb are hybrid de. so haslett must call a blitz sending 6 or more, because we run a 3-4

Archived