Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Man In The Red Bandanna

boysetsfire

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=6929979

Ten years later: remembering a man who led people to safety after terrorists struck the World Trade Center on September 11th - a former Boston College lacrosse player whose trademark was a red bandanna

We saw this story last night on ESPN. It's hard to put into words how it made me feel and calling it amazing or inspiring just isn't enough. It touched me on a level that I've never experienced before in my life.

I saw this on espn.com a few days -- just stumbled upon it. It was like 13 minutes long - I watched the first 4 minutes, my wife came into the room and unmuted the TV. Sadly, I was so touched by this story that I kind of yelled at her to turn the TV down :( She asked what my problem was and I explained I was watching a story about 9/11. She saw the tears in my eyes as it went on and never complained about "missing her show". Then I saw it on ESPN today and told her that's the story I saw on line. Really is a great tribute - well done ESPN, and well done Welles. RIP! On the 10th anniversary of your death, I will wear a red bandana.

I was going to post this - great job to you.

It was very touching. I will warn anyone watching it that you will most likely end up with tears in your eyes. I was watching in on Sunday morning with my son. He's 18 and we were dropping him off in Boston where he will be living for the next 9 months (hockey and school). I could barely get through the show as the emotion really took me over.

If you get a chance, look at the facebook campaign being put together at USF for this weekend's BC/USF football game: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=255347487832627. Class act all the way around for those guys.

Archived