Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any word on Jacobs?

DeathByLinebacker

Is he expected to play this week? He could really be a secret weapon against the Giants who are going to spend all week fretting over Coles and Gardner.

I'm not dissing McCants who has a couple of important catches already and is an excellent red-zone option, but Jacobs is just a faster, more agile, purer reciever. When he does start playing I expect him to make an immediate impact from that 3rd spot like Josh Reed and Ashlie Lelie did.

I know I'm an incredible Gator homer, but part of that means I've seen what kind of incredible catches TJ is capable of. Hopefully the NFL will get to see some of them soon.

IMO, Jacobs will be slowly rotated in. If he is healthy, he is playing this week, no doubt. I think the coaches are take it slow with him, and what will end up happening, is he will do something pretty amazing that will justify more focus and more playing time. I can't wait to see Jacobs. Coles/Gardner are so dangerous right now, imagine adding another THREAT to the WR core.

Posse 2003.

He will play this week. He wanted to play BADLY yesterday. But the coaches and trainers wouldnt let him cause if he got hit there again it could be extremely serious. Like fatal serious. But he said he was fine. They held him out an extra week just to give him a little more recovery time, he will be ready to go this week. I'm looking foward to seeing him out there. Kinda a hardcore game to get thrown out into though!

IMO, he could have played yesterday. Spurrier is holding him out for a reason. They want him to be a surprise.

No team has any tape on Jacobs. His preseason was minimal, but his skills are up to par (even in Madden, w/o adjustments). He is very fast, and could be a big factor in next weeks' matchup.

Who of the Giants will cover him in the slot? They have to worry about our other recievers. NY will have a real problem with Jacobs.

Archived