Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

30 Days: Starring HH

Teller

After careful consideration, and a generous offer from my baseball nemesis, Bubble Screen, I've decided to take my 30-day vacation now. That'll put me back on Sept. 8, a few days before the Sept. 11th opener vs. the Giants.

(In case you missed it, I bet Bubble that the Bucs would finish .500 or better. Loser can't post for a month.)

Before I go, I want to leave you all with a few things. I'm so immensely proud of the Pittsburgh Pirates this season that it would be difficult to put into words. I can't remember the last time I was checking the standings into late July. And while it appears this season's magical ride is over, there's plenty to look forward to. We gave up NOTHING to get Lee and Ludwick. We demonstrated to potential free agents next year that we're not simply going to mail it in. And we showed that "if you win, they will come."

So yes, I'm admitting defeat as far as this bet goes; but not at all when it comes to this season. Congratulations, Bubble. You finally got something right about this team. :)

As a public service, I'm going to leave a few quotes that you can cut and paste into threads that will invariably pop up in my absence. I would hate for you to have to miss out on my uninformed, argumentative style while I'm gone. :)

1) "Are you kidding me? Affirmative Action is nothing more than institutionalized racism. And any idiot knows you can't fight racism with racism."

2) "I agree. If Reed Doughty isn't the starter, we're just playing to get Andrew Luck."

3) "Really? If you think there are people who need to pay more in taxes, why don't you volunteer to be one of them?"

4) Great post, McD5. No. Seriously. Great post."

5) "Only you, Mickalino."

6) "Congratulations, Toe Jam. I hope you have enough cows to give her dad for her."

7) "Where in the HELL did you find THAT, China?"

8) "The sky is not falling, dude. It was just one preseason game."

9) "The sky is not falling, dude. It was just two preseason games."

10) The sky is not falling, dude. It was just three preseason games."

11) "Hey dude. Something just hit me in the head. You think the sky might be falling?"

12) "I know you are, Predicto, but what am I?"

13) "I had trouble with some of those big words, Jumbo, but I think I agree with you."

14) "You're right but he/she/it/they would still be better than Obama."

....and finally....

15) "HAIL TO THE REDSKINS!!!!!"

If one of our fine moderators would kindly set me to "read only" for 30 days, I'd appreciate it. I don't want to accidentally post and have to start the count over. :ols:

Hail, brethren and sistren. See y'all soon!! Congrats, Bubble. :cheers:

8) "The sky is not falling, dude. It was just one preseason game."

9) "The sky is not falling, dude. It was just two preseason games."

10) The sky is not falling, dude. It was just three preseason games."

:ols:

I was just rehearsing excuses for this year's preseason games.

Good man to stand by your word like that H_H, we'll save you a seat and hope you bring some luck back with you for this year.

---------- Post added August-7th-2011 at 08:20 PM ----------

PS: Glad you're not a Steelers fan too.

Archived