Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What do you think Beck's first game reception will be...

OxonHillSkinsFan89

Poor kid has to play against the Ravens and Steelers in the pre-season. Since defenses are normally ahead of offenses at the beginning of the year, and we had no OTAs, he will get clobbered in the pre-season games. Then, he gets to face (maybe) the Giants in the opener. We will cheer him at first, but don't be surprised if we lose the opener 10-3 or with some other low score.

Poor kid has to play against the Ravens and Steelers in the pre-season. Since defenses are normally ahead of offenses at the beginning of the year, and we had no OTAs, he will get clobbered in the pre-season games. Then, he gets to face (maybe) the Giants in the opener. We will cheer him at first, but don't be surprised if we lose the opener 10-3 or with some other low score.

Defenses also don't tend to play with any high degree of complexity in the preseason, so I don't see any cause for concern. The preseason is, in general, a terrible indicator for how starters will perform during the regular season.

And you came to this logical conclusion how?

How bout you tell me what he has done with this team that makes you think otherwise. Everything he has done has not been for the advancement of this franchise. He has made everything he has done as the coach of the Redskins about him and his EGO!!!

How bout you tell me what he has done with this team that makes you think otherwise. Everything he has done has not been for the advancement of this franchise. He has made everything he has done as the coach of the Redskins about him and his EGO!!!

Drafting a franchise Left Tackle, getting the team out of cap hell that Vinny and Dan got us in, getting rid of the problem players who are here only for a payday, not letting the inmates run the asylum, actually using free agency smartly...

should I go on?

Drafting a franchise Left Tackle, getting the team out of cap hell that Vinny and Dan got us in, getting rid of the problem players who are here only for a payday, not letting the inmates run the asylum, actually using free agency smartly...

should I go on?

Your argument is WEAK!!!

Shanny is a ego maniac that alienated our best QB option just to prove that his son's play calling wasn't part of the problem last season. You probably believe anything Shanny says and believe Beck and Grossman are better than McNabb.

I will support this team through thick and thin but Shanny is setting this team back 5 more years.

Your argument is WEAK!!!

Shanny is a ego maniac that alienated our best QB option just to prove that his son's play calling wasn't part of the problem last season. You probably believe anything Shanny says and believe Beck and Grossman are better than McNabb.

I will support this team through thick and thin but Shanny is setting this team back 5 more years.

Signed Lich

Cut Randle El, Randy Thomas, Rock Cartwright, Griffin

Extended Rabach and Alexander

Signed Grossman, Buchanon, Bryant, Torain

Traded for McNabb

Traded for Carriker

Traded for Beck + extension

Traded for Jammal Brown

Traded Tryon

Drafted Trent Williams, Perry Riley, Terrance Austin, Capers, Cook

Signed Banks, K. Williams

Cut Devin Thomas

Cut: Portis, Dockery, Carter

Signed: Atogwe

Drafted: Kerrigan, Jenkins, Hankerson, Helu, Paul, Gomes, Royster, Robinson, Hurt, etc.

Out of that I hated the McNabb and Devin Thomas moves. Wasn't sure about the Brown trade.

Other decisions made:

Transition to a 3-4 - It's common knowledge it takes a couple of years to transition, however I don't think anyone expected the #92 situation to be that bad when the decision to hire Haslett was made. You can fault them for that, but that was year one of a new defense. Struggles are expected.

Upgrade the stadium - HD screens finally, whatever solar power thing they are working on

Reconnect with prior Redskins greats - Former players were alienated from the team. Allen made a concerted effort to reach out to these players and let them know they were welcome.

Benching/Handling of McNabb - Surely this situation could have been handled better, but #5 was here for a year and now he's gone.

Our best QB option? A diva who didn't want to learn the system, wasn't accurate, and didn't want to change anything, who's now upset that the Vikings had the gall to look at other QB options before wanting to trade for him. Yeah, he's a real winner.

Our best QB option? A diva who didn't want to learn the system, wasn't accurate, and didn't want to change anything, who's now upset that the Vikings had the gall to look at other QB options before wanting to trade for him. Yeah, he's a real winner.

So are you telling me John Beck, Rex Grossman, & Kellen Clemens are better QB's than McNabb?

So are you telling me John Beck, Rex Grossman, & Kellen Clemens are better QB's than McNabb?

At this point in his career? Yup. The Vikings wanted Tyler Thigpen before trading for McNabb. That should tell you something. Grossman came in and performed just as well as him. That should tell you something.

At this point in his career? Yup. The Vikings wanted Tyler Thigpen before trading for McNabb. That should tell you something. Grossman came in and performed just as well as him. That should tell you something.

This conversation is officially over whatever you and Mike Shanahan are smoking you need to stop because it is causing delusions of grander.

This conversation is officially over whatever you and Mike Shanahan are smoking you need to stop because it is causing delusions of grander.

Here's the Vikings line of thinking: Let's get Tyler Thigpen! Oh, he's not available, let's go after McNabb.

Grossman did perform just as well as him, if not better.

I think I put a little more weight on what a two-time Super Bowl winning coach thinks of a player than what you do. I'll be glad to not agree with you if you think you know better than him.

His first reception will be over the middle for 7 yards....Same old predictable system..... But in the mean time can we superimpose a burgundy and gold striped shirt and a black beret on his photos and play Where's Beck?

One thing I'm trying to figure out is why Beck starting is viewed by many to be a joke, yet Kolb is highly touted among the league and the Eagles want a 1st rounder for him. Both Beck and Kolb were drafted in the upper 2nd round in the 2007 draft. Both had decent draft reviews. Both haven't played much at the NFL level and have been warming the bench. IMO, both are pretty much in the same boat. It trips me out how the media and some fans put Kolb on one end of the spectrum and Beck on the other when they are probably close to being the same level of talent.

MflFK7Q0o9E

One thing I'm trying to figure out is why Beck starting is viewed by many to be a joke, yet Kolb is highly touted among the league and the Eagles want a 1st rounder for him. Both Beck and Kolb were drafted in the upper 2nd round in the 2007 draft. Both had decent draft reviews. Both haven't played much at the NFL level and have been warming the bench. IMO, both are pretty much in the same boat. It trips me out how the media and some fans put Kolb on one end of the spectrum and Beck on the other when they are probably close to being the same level of talent.

MflFK7Q0o9E

GP.

Imo people/many fans have a hard time separating a QB's individual talent from the context of their surroundings.

How much of Kolb's success is due to the Eagles FO, scheme, coaching, and surrounding talent?

How much of Beck's 'failure' was due to Miami's FO, scheme, coaching and surrounding talent?

That's why a proper assessment of skillset is important.

I don't think their is a huge difference between the skillset of Kolb vs John Beck.

But, even in this forum the perception is that Beck is barely more physically talented then Rex Grossman.

---------- Post added July-27th-2011 at 11:19 PM ----------

If he becomes the starter and walks out on the field on September 11th????
Its gonna be an easy gimme completion.

A classic "opener" pass.

Either a screen pass WR/RB.

or

5 step quick play action to Cooley running a 8 yard hitch.

Archived