Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Comic to credit WBC for $50K to AIDS cause

DRSmith

When insult comic Lisa Lampanelli presents a $50,000 donation today in New York City to the Gay Men’s Health Crisis, the nation’s oldest HIV/AIDS prevention, treatment and care services provider, the memo on the check will credit Topeka’s Westboro Baptist Church for the money.

Before her concert Friday night at the Topeka Performing Arts Center, Lampanelli used her Twitter account to pledge $1,000 to the GMHC for every protester sent to her show by the Pastor Fred W. Phelps-led church noted for its campaign against homosexuality.

http://cjonline.com/news/2011-05-24/comic-credit-wbc-50k-aids-cause

That is funny

I chuckled at this:

Lampanelli said although she was aware of WBC protests through media coverage, Friday was the first time she saw them in person when she came out of TPAC to encourage counterprotesters.

“I was underwhelmed. I’ll be honest with you. I mean, their song parodies? They are to song parodies what I am to women’s gymnastics. They stink. They’re horrible,” she said.

“And their signs?” she continued. “We should really do donations for them. Someone should help them buy some art supplies. They’re really not working. What would be better is if they hired some gay guys to help them with their signs, at least they’d have some pizazz.”

Archived