Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Regardless of who becomes Starting QB, if the O-Line doesn't improve...

IceBlue33

they are dead. The good news is that cohesiveness is a big part of line play. Instead of a complete do over though I think maybe a couple of key changes would go a long way for this team. I think that if we get decent QB play this year though, we can safely say that the QB is a keeper because nobody is going to look like Joe Theisman back there right now. Just sayin'...

Well I guess you will get your wish. We didn't go after any O-Line players in the draft until late plus the coaches said they like their depth players and the O-Line as it stands. As far as the QB position goes we really don't have anyone proven on the roster except McNabb who is rumored to be getting released or traded. So who else other than Beck is going to have good QB play? Grossman? Vince Young? McNabb? Hasselback? Carson Palmer? I hope that Shanahan has a plan.

Are you guys hearing any rumors about FA acquisitions? Please tell me yes. As a BYU fan I would love to see Beck succeed but if I remember right I think I heard him say once that death was not in his short term plans in the NFL. ;) Actually I think there is a chance but a lot would have to happen imo to make the line solid. Many times just consistency helps a lot with an O-line. With a solid line and decent receivers Beck will do well if he is given the nod. He is deceptively agile in the pocket and has a very quick release. But he will have to have a least decent o-line play. If he gets on the right page with his receivers the skins could surprise some people. ---assuming he gets the nod.

There was a rumor last season that Davin Joseph is likely to sign with us whenever FA hits. He was drafted by Allen down in Tampa so there is definitely some level of familiarity there.

There is also a rumor that Ryan Harris from Denver was our original target before trading for Brown. He's a FA this year so if we don't re-sign Brown he would again be a target to man the RT spot.

Those two signings (or re-signing Brown) would be huge. Joseph taking over one guard spot could bump Montgomery or Lichtenwhateverhisnameis inside and get Rabach on the bench where he belongs.

I still don't get why we shy'd away from the O-line this past draft.

As things currently stand, we only have 3 players I'd remotely feel comfortable with in Trent Williams, Monty and Lichtensteiger. I'd throw Brown in there, but there's a big question mark over whether he get's re-signed given the money he allegedly wants. Last years picks I'm hopeful on, Capers and Cook, and there's this years late flyer Hunt; but being as none of those three have seen the field as yet in a competitive game, all it is, is "hope". Hardly an auspicious group. Everyone else currently on the roster scares the living piss out of me that they might actually well be on the field.

We'd better work our socks off in FA, or this, allied to no competent pro-QB, could get real ugly real fast on O again.

Hail.

Archived