Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anyone in Seattle? Going out there for a few weeks with work.

Hey people, I'm going to seattle next month for a few weeks for work. What's cool to do? I'm staying in Everett which seems to be north of the city. I've already heard about the fish market and the space needle... But if any one of you could share some off-the-beaten-path attractions in seattle I would appreciate it... places to watch local live music, dive bars, other places that embody the spirit of the city. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it.

The Tractor Tavern in Ballard has great shows and Ballard has some decent food/bars (King's Hardware=hipster dive bar..but fun..skee-ball!). I've heard the Experience Music Project is neat, although I haven't been. They just opened a Nirvana exhibit that sounds great. For the best pizza in the city, check out Pizza Pi near the U District. It's all vegan (I am not), but leave any preconceived notions at the door and enjoy amazing pie! Report back what you experienced! :) Try the Boundary Bay Scotch Ale whenever you find it in a local pub.

There's an absolutely awesome tour of "underground Seattle" basically there was a flood and all of downtown Seattle was rebuilt 3 stories higher than original.. You get to go basically under the city and see everything still in a lot of it's old condition... It was pretty awesome...

Also a hobby of mine is touring stadiums, I toured Qwest got to walk on the field and go in the locker rooms, a 2 hour thing for like $15... Safeco would be cool to tour as well...

Archived