Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Could Ricky Stanzi (Iowa) be the Future Quarterback for the Redskins?

RonYoungEra

Due to absolute boredom since there hasn't been a FA period, I've read all of the "experts" opinions about Stanzi and I can honestly tell you not one of them mirrors another when it comes to his talents or the prospect of him being a starter in the NFL. That scares the bejeezus out of me.
Cosell is the only person that really has much of anything positive to say about Stanzi. Everyone else is either lukewarm or panning all together his skills.
Not true at all really.

I've kinda been been keeping track ('expert' opinions prodays etc) on middle to late round prospects of the QB prospects in the this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?344224-The-2011-Draft-Middle-to-Late-round-QBs

Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper, Dan Shonka and Rob Rang to name a few all have positive things to say about Stanzi

Not true at all really.

I've kinda been been keeping track ('expert' opinions prodays etc) on middle to late round prospects of the QB prospects in the this thread:

http://www.extremeskins.com/showthread.php?344224-The-2011-Draft-Middle-to-Late-round-QBs

Gil Brandt, Mike Mayock, Mel Kiper, Dan Shonka and Rob Rang to name a few all have positive things to say about Stanzi

Throw Kiper out. The chinstrap on his hair helmet has been on too tight for years now.

I've seen the other reviews and some of them make me scratch my head as they praise him, then knock him in the same article. I think even Mayock may have done that and still ranked him the best 2nd tier QB of the draft.

Point is Cosell is absolutely gushing towards him and even when it comes to his arm strength (or lack thereof) he states he could be the next Brees.

Pass, Pass, one hundred times pass on this kid. Something is missing when it comes to Stanzi, I just can't place it yet.

Jake Locker will be ourQB. Shanny liked him at 4 last year and Shanny is stubborn

I certainly hope he changes his stubbornness. I've seen nothing from Locker that makes me believe he is going to be a franchise NFL QB.

However Stanzi is a great later round pick that would be ideal for the offense. I'd go WR and LB in rounds 1 and 2 then go Stanzi in the 5th.

Archived