Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Driving Cross Country

MissU28

Boyfriend and I are making the move to Virginia this summer (mid-June) from San Diego. We'll have our dog with us, an 80lb mastiff/shepherd mix. We plan to take the 70 all the way east.

I definitely want to stop in Denver and we will definitely stop in St. Louis because one of the bf's best friends lives there. Other than that, I'd like to make one more stop in between San Diego and Denver (really not trying to drive 17 hours straight) and St. Louis and VA. Maybe between Denver and St. Louis, too.

The 15 goes right through Vegas, which is one of our favorite places but I don't know how practical it would be with our dog. We'll probably send all of our stuff via moving van, so we won't have all that to worry about.

SO, my questions to you all are these:

1) What other stops could I make off of the 70 that are somewhat entertaining? I really don't want to stop in Kansas because I'm scurred of that state and its tornadoes:pfft:

2) Traveling with a pet- our big pet at that- will have its challenges- what recommendations do you have? Any favorite pet-friendly hotels that are fairly inexpensive?

3) Any favorite dog-friendly places in Denver? I'm most excited about going there; I've never been!

Also,if anyone has any leads on aviation mechanic jobs in the DC area, my boyfriend will be needing a job! He was a marine for 5 years, and has worked on Huey helicopters as a contractor for 4 years, so he has almost 10 years of experience. He is currently studying to get his A&P license.

And even if not aviation mechanic jobs, defense contracting or something similar would work well. He will also be using his G.I. Bill and going to school.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Also,if anyone has any leads on aviation mechanic jobs in the DC area, my boyfriend will be needing a job! He was a marine for 5 years, and has worked on Huey helicopters as a contractor for 4 years, so he has almost 10 years of experience. He is currently studying to get his A&P license.

http://www.mspaviation.org/recruit_mechanic.asp

http://www.mspaviation.org/frames.asp

MSP is hiring for Helicopter Maintenance Technician.

Archived