Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins.Com: Orakpo Hopes to Escape Holding Pattern

MustangSteve

Shanahan needs to channel Phil Jackson and put the refs on notice about this in the media. Even if it means taking one for the team and getting fined. Some of these holds could be the difference in forcing an INT or a sack/fumble and maybe the game.

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Interesting idea, and I agree. Putting it out there might finally give Rak's non-holding calls the attention they deserves.

You know if that was Demarcus Ware, there would be flags all over the place.

This worry's me a bit.. Why did it wait till the offseason.. I often thought "Why doesn't he try a spin move or anything different?!" The definition of insanity is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting different results.. How smart do you have to be to think to yourself "Lets try something different"..

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 01:20 PM ----------

Interesting idea, and I agree. Putting it out there might finally give Rak's non-holding calls the attention they deserves.

You know if that was Demarcus Ware, there would be flags all over the place.

I remember Joe Gibbs got fined for saying something about the refs.. Think Shanny would be well served to do the same and eat the fine.

Shanahan needs to channel Phil Jackson and put the refs on notice about this in the media. Even if it means taking one for the team and getting fined. Some of these holds could be the difference in forcing an INT or a sack/fumble and maybe the game.

---------- Post added January-31st-2011 at 12:19 PM ----------

Stars don't get as alternates.

When opposing OL look at the tape and see others getting away with it they will also do it until they start being called.

If the holds were called he would not have been held as much and would have had another 4 or 5 sacks easy. He would then have been a starter instead of an alternate.

Once again Chicken vs Egg as stated in my previous post.

Archived