Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP RI - Santana Moss: "I'm just getting tired of it"

HapHaszard

I remember in the rams game and the vikings game there were balls that hit his hands and he did not catch them leading to deflected interceptions. I understand and appreciate that he is tired of mediocrity but he is not Larry Fitzgerald rotting in Arizona this year with 3 crap quarterbacks. If Moss stays in shape and takes a pay cut he can be here 3 more years with mcnabb.

Well be part of the solution...ie drops. from your supposed counted on veteran. Moss is far from "the" problem with this team though, neither is McNabb, but it all adds up. I don't what the answer is anymore other than needing more talent so Moss can be a #2 or 3 and not a #1...etc. etc

Santana then do something about it!

Catch the balls thrown your way. Make play like DeSean Jackson! Don't contribute to interceptions by punching the ball in the air...

Time to part ways! Unless you agree to be WR #3. You certainly have lost two steps, can't break free, and at times run poor routes!

Well, he's right.

And unfortunately, and I mean that because I really, really like Santana... It may be time to part with him for both the organization's sake and his. But out of all the guys on this team, Moss is the hardest for me to say get rid of. Played in a proper role with a proper #1 receiver and the ability to line him up in the slot he could be an absolute monster. He's good without a #1.

But, it may be time. :(

A lot of people had the same attitude about Randle El. "He's done .. " "He no longer has touch .."

He's doing pretty well up in Pitts this year, and made a phenomenal catch yesterday.

Moss has dropped a few this year. So has every other receiver on this team. It's the result of a culture of FAIL that needs to be eradicated. But getting rid of your best players is not a recipe for success!

Santana then do something about it!

Catch the balls thrown your way. Make play like DeSean Jackson! Don't contribute to interceptions by punching the ball in the air...

Time to part ways! Unless you agree to be WR #3. You certainly have lost two steps, can't break free, and at times run poor routes!

He's 12th in receiving

"It's your job to come out here and play this game of football," Moss said, occasionally halting in his speech. "When you're playing this game, you're playing this game to win. Somebody got to win; somebody got to lose. But when you're just losing, and you know that you had a chance to win - I ain't talking about the last play. I'm just talking about throughout the game, throughout the years, throughout the weeks, throughout this year.

"When you're losing and you ain't got no say-so why," and he paused for several seconds. "That's why it hurts. That's why I feel the way I feel, because I'm just getting tired of it. Everybody play for their own perspective and their own reasons, but I put too much in it, and it means too much."

click on the link to continue reading

These are wise words from one of the most faithful Redskins. The entire organization needs to hear this, because Moss is usually quiet about his feelings. If he's saying these things then you know that many more are also.

We'll probably lose him at some point and he'll sign with the Patriots and win a super bowl. The way the 'Skins have played over the last dozen years doesn't bring hope that he'll ever see a championship here. I like Moss and hope he says and we win the Big Game for him and others who have played through the hard times (and that includes us fans who remember the glory days when this franchise was respected throughout the league and not the doormat it is today).

Ladies and Gents - it's time to face the facts. Santana Moss = Laveranues Coles. Moss is 31 and our #1 receiver. Coles is 32 and out of the league. Moss is at the end of the line. If not for our putrid WR core (Galloway, Armstrong, Roydell), he wouldn't be a starter. We have to stop comparing ourselves to ourselves and look around the league. Did you see Andre Johnson last night? That's what a #1 receiver looks like! Santana is not a viable player at this point in his career. He's a guy you call if your top 3 guys go down with an injury and you are in a pinch for a week or two (ie Laveranues Coles).

Archived