Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hail! Magazine: Fred Davis talks USC scandals, Redskins failures and his relationship w/ Chris Cooley

themurf

strong article.

no matter the number of catches/targets/etc etc etc, Davis has been exactly what we were trying to draft:

a dynamic TE that is improving his blocking. he can only control so much, but he has certainly held up his end up the bargain so far.

once the league switches to Nike jerseys I hope we still employ Davis so i can get one of his.

"...or eventually I’ll end up on another team that needs me more."

I doubt he is going to resign once his rookie contract is up if they are going to continue to under utilize his abilities. The guy only has one career in the NFL. I'm sure he wants to be on a team that will use him more than we do.

"...or eventually I’ll end up on another team that needs me more."

I doubt he is going to resign once his rookie contract is up if they are going to continue to under utilize his abilities. The guy only has one career in the NFL. I'm sure he wants to be on a team that will use him more than we do.

I will tell you that Fred Davis wants to be here. He loves playing for the Redskins. He loves the city and being so close to so many other big cities. He can totally see himself settling here after football. I think he's just realistic that if he can't get onto the field here, he's going to eventually end up somewhere else.

The Davis pick was always a very strange one for me.

They signed Cooley to an extension early in the 07 season and then draft another pass catching tight end in the 08 draft. It never made sense. Two pass catching tight ends are a luxury at best. The whole notion of using them both at the same time extensively was always something I never believed would be done no matter what the coaches said and sure enough so far in the 3 years that Davis has been here it never has been done. The most productive Davis has been was last year after Cooley went out.

I think Cooley should have been traded in 2008 after drafting Davis and I still think that we should move one of them (I'd rather keep Davis) for whatever we can get for them.

Archived