Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Course of this season almost seems scripted (by someone very evil)

ChicagoRedskinsFan

How many times have we seen this? A semi-impressive victory over a better team followed by a gut-wrenching loss to a a team with a worse record. We have seen this for years and it has reached absurdity. This team does just enough to make things interesting and get our hopes up, only to crush us again and again. I think a lot of us expected the Redskins to blow it today, but is still hurts because a part of you thinks this time will be different. For all the problems this season, all the Redskins had to do was squeeze out a win over a free-falling 3-7 Vikings team at home and they would have found themselves 1 game out of first place in the NFC East with 5 games left. Although we know this isn't a playoff-caliber team, we could have dreamed a little and had meaningful games in December. Instead we get a sour end to the Thanksgiving weekend, and what amounts to the end of any miracle playoff hopes.

I fully expect a win next week against the Giants, so we can be teased about what might have been if we could beat teams like the Rams, Lions, and Vikings.

How many times have we seen this? A semi-impressive victory over a better team followed by a gut-wrenching loss to a a team with a worse record. We have seen this for years and it has reached absurdity. This team does just enough to make things interesting and get our hopes up, only to crush us again and again. I think a lot of us expected the Redskins to blow it today, but is still hurts because a part of you thinks this time will be different. For all the problems this season, all the Redskins had to do was squeeze out a win over a free-falling 3-7 Vikings team at home and they would have found themselves 1 game out of first place in the NFC East with 5 games left. Although we know this isn't a playoff-caliber team, we could have dreamed a little and had meaningful games in December. Instead we get a sour end to the Thanksgiving weekend, and what amounts to the end of any miracle playoff hopes.

I fully expect a win next week against the Giants, so we can be teased about what might have been if we could beat teams like the Rams, Lions, and Vikings.

Dont' forget the Texans game....I know they were supposed to be better than us, but we had them by 17 points at home and blew the game...unreal!

Archived