Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The New Yorker: Confounding Fathers

AsburySkinsFan

"I'm not going to read the news to you. I'm going to feel the news at you."

:ols:

Colbert is a better Beck than Beck could ever hope to be (even if Colbert's model is O'Reilly, not Beck).

Beck probable makes more money than Colbert and Stewart Combined. Beck is a much better Beck than Colbert.

"

That said, the person who said earlier that Beck is on the right trail in some cases was correct. The man's great at digging **** up that certain people want to remain underground, I'll give him that much.

I've heard Beck make truthful statements... I've never heard him make a truthful point though. Never ever heard him follow a trueful fact with a conclusion which is supported by that fact. The truth he sprinkles into his diatribes is just to make his bogus premises more persuasive, To give his analysis the appearance of merit. It's like an accountant who adds up the numbers in the first column but guesses on the second third and fourth calumns...

Can you elaborate on this a bit? I mean, Wilson did win reelection with the slogan He Kept Us out of War, and then declared war on Germany afterwards. All TR did was voice his opinion. I'm not being combative - just genuinely curious what facts I may be missing here. I only associated TR w/ our involvement in the Spanish American war.

To say, TR only voiced his opinion is a massive understatement.

TR was still an incredibly popular person and still carried a lot of political clout and used that political clout to influence politics and events.

(Note, I said IF you want to blame an American.)

Wilson decleared war on Germany after several issues with Germany arose, including their unlimited submarine attacks, sabotage in the US, and evidence that they were trying to get Mexico to go to war against the US.

Partly, Germany acted in this manner was almost certainly because they were unconvinced of US neutrality, which largely would have been based upon things like TR's support for going to war and his influence.

Archived