Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Last Chance to Guess the Roster

stevea

With the final cuts coming tomorrow and Sunday, this is the last chance to guess the roster. My guess is:

3 QBs: PR, DW, RJ

5 RBs: yep, all 5 unless we get a good trade offer for Watson

2 FBs: Rock, Bryan

6 WRs: Coles, Gardner, Jacobs, McCants, Patrick Johnson, Russell

2 TEs: Royal, Flem

8 OLs: Samuels, Fiore, Moore, Thomas, Jansen, Dockery, Friedman, Elisara

5 DEs: Upshaw, Wynn, Bruce, Peppi, LaDairus

5 DTs: Dalton, Haley, Chase, Holsey, Cowsette

6 LBs: LaVar, Trotter, Armstead, Mitchell, Pierce, Marshall

8 DBs: Champ, Smoot, Bowen, Ohalete, Bauman, Jimoh, Terrell, Lott

3 STs: Hall, Barker, Albright

NOTES

=====

- Bubble player most likely to be next on roster (e.g., if Watson were traded): LB Clifton Smith

- QB: I rate DW 2nd because I think he's a better relief pitcher than RJ. But if PR is out for the week then I would secretly (to prevent proper opp game-planning) give the start to RJ.

- TE: Flem could be in danger if a promising TE becomes available this weekend, but I doubt it.

- OL: I really don't think we'll keep more than 8, excluding Albright. I hope Elisara gets pushed onto the Practice Squad and we pick up a better prospect from the waiver wire. My top target would be OT Ben Johnson, drafted at the top of the 7th by Detroit. I suspect they will try to sneak him onto their PS. I would be overjoyed if he replaced Elisara on our roster. Also, I suspect Helton will try to keep Wilbert Brown, and *PRAY* that SOS tells him to shove it.

- DT: tough decision whether to keep 4 or 5, especially since Wynn and Peppi can fill in at DT. If only 4 then it's too close to call between Holsey and Cowsette. Cowsette is 10 pounds heavier and $150K lighter; Holsey has better experience. Finally, Bernard Jackson is also a tough decision. If they go with 4 DTs, I suspect he'll be put on the PUP list and become available to replace an injured player midway through the season. If they go with 5 DTs they might just stick him on IR like they did with Royal last year.

- PS: QB Hamdan, DE Mike Cecere, LB Clifton Smith, LB Chris Clemons, S Ricot Joseph

- Close call for PS: DE Jonathan Brown

- Most likely error above: Cutting one of Holsey/Cowsette and keeping Clifton Smith.

HTTR!

QB's - Ramsey

Johnson

Wuerfful

RB's - Canidate

Betts

McCullogh

Morton

FB's - Cartwright

Johnson

TE's - Royal

Flemister

WR's- Coles

Gardner

Jacobs

Johnson

McCants

Russell

OL - Jansen

Samuels

Moore

Thomas

Fiore

Dockery

Freidman

Elisara

DT's -Dalton

Chase

Haley

Cowsette

DE's -Smith

Upshaw

Wynn

Jackson

Zellner

LB's -Arrington

Armstead

Trotter

Mitchell

Pierce

Marshall

Smith

CB's -Bailey

Smoot

Bauman

Jimoh

S's - Bowen

Ohalete

Lott

Terrell

Joseph

SP - Hall

Barker

Albright

I think Watson will be traded for something or let go. McCullogh brings speed to a back-up position that could go along way if something happened to Canidate with Betts as the more power runner type. McCullogh can also bring speed to special teams, which we lack. Keeping 5 DE's instead of 5 DT's because Wynn and Zellner have both shown they can play DT when asked.

Practice Squad-

Hamden

Wood****

Gillispie

Akil Smith

Cecere

If I were the Coach- I'd step on Russell's foot and put him on IR for this year and keep Wood**** on the active roster.

I think Betts is the safer bet at RB, because, yes Watson has shown us heart and work ethic, but Betts has been a RB all through college, where Watson was a WR buried on the depth chart. Betts actually has more experience in that respect and would cost not only ouir wasted draft pick on him, but about a $2 million signing bonus down the tubes if traded.

Canidate will be listed as the starter, but it will a committe of different players for different situations of Canidate/Betts/Morton

If we cut Watson I will be pissed ... He is the best all around back we have.. He can run catch and probably throw.. Betts was a second round pick and mabe just maybe another NFL GM is dumb enough to remember him and give us something in return. Their is nothing Betts can do that Cartwright and Johnson can't.

Not locks but here are some possible alternatives:

Franz over Terrell or Ricot

Ware over phlegm

Clifton Smith can't be on PS because he was on the active roster last year and we can't really use three MLB.

I can't see them keeping only 8 regular OLmen which means you can't keep 4 rb, 6 wr, and 7 lb

Originally posted by moi

Also, I suspect Helton will try to keep Wilbert Brown, and *PRAY* that SOS tells him to shove it.

It looks like my prayers were NOT answered.

Wilbert Brown more valuable than Watson ... puh-LEESE!

Archived