Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Would Mortgaging the future be worth it if it worked?

mzkp54

You take that deal in a heartbeat. Do you know how many very good sustained teams never won a Super Bowl just in this decade? Ask any Colts fan prior to 2007 how it feels to be consistently good (even 13-0 good) and not win the SB... Seahawks, Chargers, Bengals, Vikings. I bet their fans dont reminesce on LT's 32 TDs or Carson's breakout year or AP as a rookie. They are upset over near-miss playoff exits with no Lombardi.

And yes, it'd be doubly sweet to win this guaranteed SB in Dallas.

I think Redskins fans are among a few elite teams that have the option of this being a legitimate question. We're blessed with 3 Lombardis. I'd say that us, the Cowboys (5), 49ers (5), Steelers (6), maybe Giants (3) and Pats (3) are among the handful of teams that would have a significant portion (maybe no majority, but a large minority) that could say with a straight face "No, I'd rather wait another half-decade for a Lombardi, so that we can be competitive after that one.

Ask a fan of the following teams: Bills (0), Vikings (0), Eagles (0), Jets (1), Chargers (0), Chiefs (1), Lions (0), Bengals (0), Browns (0), Jaguars (0), Panthers (0), Falcons (0), Bucs (1), Raiders (3, last in '83) or Seahawks (0). I bet you 75%+ of their fanbases would trade 1 SB win this year for a half decade of mediocre to ****ty teams to follow. Hell, I bet 2 years ago Saints fans would be on that list as well. After 20 years since our last SB appearance, with 1 division title and 3 playoff appearances in the last 12 years, most Redskins fans have almost reached this breaking point, which is sad for a franchise as proud and rich in history as ours.

Archived