Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Afternoon practice tweets (and more) for 9/06/10

Oldskool

Donovan McNabb-QB-Redskins Sep. 6 - 2:30 pm et

Donovan McNabb (ankle) returned to Redskins practice on Monday, and remains on track to start Sunday against Dallas.

Mike Shanahan is already on record as saying he anticipates McNabb would start, and this confirms it. It's good news for Santana Moss and Chris Cooley, who should finish 1-2 on the Skins in receiving, going away, after the team missed on T.J. Houshmandzadeh. Dead-legged veteran Joey Galloway is the third option. McNabb will be a great two-QB league start in Week 1.

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Related: Santana Moss, Chris Cooley

CHICKatCSN

Redskins LB Perry Riley changes jersey number from 53 to 56 (sorry Lavar), and T Jammal Brown from 69 to 77. 1 minute ago via ÜberTwitter

espn_nfceast

RT @RedskinsInsider: Donovan McNabb was taking snaps with the starters. Showed no obvious signs that his ankle is a problem 1 minute ago via ÜberTwitter

wait...what about trent shelton? hes still with the team, why havent we heard anything about him this preseason. or atleast the redskins twitter promotion thing seems to think hes with the team.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Redskins_Twitter_Promotion_38365.jsp

scroll all the way down to the players list. under brian orakpo, and above portis, trent shelton is in that list.

not a Tweet but:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/albert-haynesworth/source-albert-haynesworth-will.html

And there's more. The Redskins also plan for Haynesworth to play a role against Dallas, the source added. The source made it clear he did not know whether Haynesworth would start, but he definitely anticipates Haynesworth playing.

If there's one thing the coaches can trust him to do (without screwing up), it's bull-rush after the QB. And whether it's from End or NT there will be some plays for him to do just that.

I don't anticipate we'll see too much of him though. I guess it will depend alot on down and distance and if we are playing with a lead or a deficit.

:helmet:

Donovan McNabb-QB-Redskins Sep. 6 - 3:03 pm et

Donovan McNabb was impressive in Monday's return to practice, "showing no signs that his ankle is still bothering him."

Despite initial concern about McNabb's Week 1 status, he may be able to avoid the injury report altogether. He ran the Skins' first-team offense on Monday.

Source: Washington Post

Mosley is such a disgusting Cowboys homer... I wonder if he'll even respond back to me.

espn_nfceast

I'm starting to think an I-45 Super Bowl is possible. LOVE what the Texans did with their practice squad. Cowboys thin at CB, though. 3 minutes ago via ÜberTwitter

As far as Wilson over the center shouldn't be that big of a deal, confusion comes when a mis match lines up abnormally if I'm the boys and Wilson lines up over center as the only down lineman I run right at it. Wilson is a speed rusher having him rush from the middle only makes him less effective.

davidelfin

Scary stat for #Redskins fans expecting turnaround: Shanny only improved Raiders by 2 games & Broncos by 1 in 1st years of previous jobs. less than a minute ago via web

john_keim

they still need help. @Z_Rollins @john_keim Are the Redskins set at WR going into the season ??

john_keim

RT @chaddukes I am going to to KILL the #Redskins tomorrow about this Houz to the Ravens deal. For that little money? Unreal. 1 minute ago via web

Is he really that ignorant or is he messing around? We could've offered triple the ravens and he would still get the same amount in the end.

john_keim

Happy times: shanny and albert walk to the facility together. but no hand holding or kumbaya's heard. #redskins 2 minutes ago via mobile web

Rich_Campbell

Well look who came off the practice field chatting. http://twitpic.com/2lwxqq #Redskins 1 minute ago via twidroid

RickMaese

Interesting sight: Haynesworth and Shanahan walking off practice field together. Or near each other http://yfrog.com/jm3b7hj

RickMaese

Rookie hazing appears to be going on near goalposts after practice half a minute ago via TweetDeck

john_keim

Do not read into that to mean albert will start. Just took some reps. less than a minute ago via mobile web

Rich_Campbell

Haslett: Haynesworth is progressing in the 3-4 at the expected rate. He took some snaps with the first string today. less than a minute ago via twidroid

Archived