Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Star-Telegram: Cowboys plan for dress rehearsal against Texans

tr1

Those are preseason RECORDS. It doesn't show anything about what the 1st teamers did.

I'm looking but can't find them so far. I know from watching the games that it wasn't pretty. Back then I worried about performance in the preseason and I was ticked off how bad we looked. Now I don't mind it. Don't get me wrong. As a fan, I'd much rather our first team offense score a TD effortlessly every time they had the ball, but that just isn't gonna happen. Let's just wait until late September 12th to see who is right.

Can't find stats for preseason games only. Look, I'm not saying or predicting the Cowboys will win the Super Bowl. I think they can be in the running for it if they stay healthy. What I'm saying is you guys are hoping we crash and burn and I certainly understand that. However, do you really think this team is gonna go 6-10 or something similar? Really? If you do, then we'll just have to agree to disagree and the upcoming season will prove one of us wrong. We're a playoff team, barring injuries to key players. After that, it's just a crap shoot.

So if we wait until late Sept 12th, and they've scored a total of two FGs for the game, then you'll say your offense is bad? We might not be the best barometer because even last year when your offense was humming along, you still only averaged 12 points against us in two games and that's with our players having just mailed the season in by the second game.

I'd be shocked if your offense scores more than 13 in our first game. I really would.

Yes, they did. As I told someone else on the board, go back and check it out for yourself. Like this year's team appears to be doing, the Dallas teams of the early to mid 90's put very little stock in the preseason games and were quite successful. Will this team duplicate that? Don't know.

No, you are the one making this claim. You need to bring the evidence to us. Do your own research.

I certainly don't remember the Cowboys being as bad in the preseason as Romo sits to pee and co. are showing now.

No, you are the one making this claim. You need to bring the evidence to us. Do your own research.

I certainly don't remember the Cowboys being as bad in the preseason as Romo sits to pee and co. are showing now.

You don't remember it because it didn't happen. Their first units were money. I distinctly remember it because Cowboy preseason games were often on nationally in those days. It made me nuts how machine-like they were in those preseason games, knowing the Redskins never looked like that. Since then, that's been my barometer for how you want your team to look in the preseason.

SS has clearly just allowed himself to believe this to justify how awful the Cowboys have looked this preseason.

• 3 weeks later...
Some people don't know that the great Cowboy teams of the early to mid 1990s always looked terrible in preseason, but they certainly didn't look that way when the bullets started flying for real. The Texans were foaming at the mouth to win the game last weekend. It meant something to them and the coaching staff and front office knew it would get their fan base fired up for the season. I certainly was not happy with the Cowboy's putrid performance, but it didn't surprise me one bit. They were just going through the motions. They've been in training camp a week longer than the other teams and have had either the most or second most two-a-days (forget which) of any NFL team during training camp. They were tired and obviously uninspired. Not what I'd like to see, but anyone that thinks that is what they will see on September 12th is lying to themselves. Wanting something to happen and believing it will are two different things. One thing is for sure. We shall soon see.

Has anyone seen Shining Star lately?

He said he'd be here.

So if we wait until late Sept 12th, and they've scored a total of two FGs for the game, then you'll say your offense is bad? We might not be the best barometer because even last year when your offense was humming along, you still only averaged 12 points against us in two games and that's with our players having just mailed the season in by the second game.

I'd be shocked if your offense scores more than 13 in our first game. I really would.

You should be bragging lol :yes:

Archived