Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Wide Receiver Breakdown:

mhenry41h

He is the best we have for sure.

=wrecker;7727482]Since Shanny said this:

"I've watched Joey catch a lot of balls in games throughout his career," Shanahan said. "He's come in here and did a great job in OTAs. We've had him obviously in camp here, evaluate him a lot. Pretty good shape.

"I wanted to get some of the guys that I really haven't been able to evaluate, some of the younger guys and see how they do in game situations. I think I know how Joey has handled himself for a lot of years, playing in games."

Does this mean Galloway is a lock to make the roster regardless of what he shows in preseason?

...Isn't Ashley Lelie floating around out there in FA? He was a Shanahan draft pick. Armstrong has had a great preseason but he is third or fourth best on the depth chart. We need a tall WR to compliment Moss.

Ashlie Lelie is one of the worst ideas I've seen for solving the WR position. Lelie is 30, got cut by Shanahan in 2005, since that time has played for 3 other teams (Atlanta 2006, 49ers 2007, Oakland 2008) and couldn't hold down a job with any of them, and played VERY sparringly in Oakland and San Fran.

At this point, Devin Thomas is a better option at 6'2" than Lelie at 6'3", so why bother. We don't need "tall" WRs, we need GOOD WRs. Tall is a nicety, good is a necessity.

Archived