Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

how bout ANOTHER trade

GritzRgreat

Originally posted by BlitzFiftySix

The Dolphins dont need any more RB's, they are plenty deep behind Ricky. Robert Edwards and Travis Minor.

YEP you're right ...i should have checked 1st....but i thought

edwards was still hurting.....anyway i would still love to have freeman.he is in the last year of his contract so he should have

something to prove with his play.

It could happen. The Skins indicated an interest in Freeman either last year or earilier this year. The thing that I notice wrong with him, however, is that he is not a playmaker. He has 20 starts and only 1 interception. :(

Even David Terrell does better then that and is also a good special teams player. So what safety would you then cut? :rolleyes:

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187744

I wouldn't be too much in a hurry to trade any of your RB's until you see if Canidate can hold up. He has been a bit fragile in his career. You may need to keep your RB's. If you trade one and Canidate goes down which I hope he doesn't, you are all of a sudden very thin at the position unless you want to work Chad Morton like crazy.

Originally posted by Tom [Giants fan]

I wouldn't be too much in a hurry to trade any of your RB's until you see if Canidate can hold up. He has been a bit fragile in his career. You may need to keep your RB's. If you trade one and Canidate goes down which I hope he doesn't, you are all of a sudden very thin at the position unless you want to work Chad Morton like crazy.

Oh man im agreeing with a Giants fan :doh: ;)

Im not sold on giving away Betts/Watson for a song and a cup of coffee.

I want to keep both on the final roster for depth, that is unless we can make a deal for a bonafide starter. IMO safety isnt a concern as I like the combo of Bowen/Ohalete.

I think Watson/Betts are more cut out for the grind of 25 carries a game than Canidate is anyway. I don't doubt either one of them would be able to carry the load if Canidate were to go down.

I'd feel more secure with Watson, as Betts has been on the shelf too long for comfort. The problem arises when both Canidate and Watson/Betts go down at the same time, which is a distinct possiblity. Even one would be a b!tch, because we'd have virtually no running game with Morton starting. I'm not sold on McCullough yet either. I'd love to see him get in against the Ravens starters and see how he does.

The Redskins do not need a saftey Bowen/Ohylette is good enuff plus ive seen good things from Andre Lott, and David Terrell isnt that bad sometimes. If we need to make a trade for anyone its another D lineman I really dont know how much Chase will inpact the team but im sure we need another dt.

Obviously it would be great to keep Candidate, Betts, Watson, and Morton. SS said he wouldn't do that, but he's changed his mind plenty of times before though. The problem with keeping 4 rb's though is that it means one fewer player kept at another position. With all the issues on the DL, I would think that the Skins are going to need to keep an extra guy or two there to see who works out. I can't see us giving up one of these DE's: Bruce, Wynn, Upshaw, Zellner, or Ladarius. I also would expect that the Skins would keep 5 DT's - no idea who they'll be. The rotation will be likely determined week-to-week. 10 DL is more than the Skins would normally keep - which just makes it even tougher to keep 4 rb's.

Archived