Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

FNN - Eagles Second-round Draft Pick Headed for Hold Out?

HapHaszard

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/eagles-second-round-draft-pick-headed-for-hold-out/

The Philadelphia Eagles open training camp on July 27, but it’s unclear whether second-round draft pick Nate Allen will be there.

Allen’s agent Todd France told Les Bowen of the Philadelphia Daily News that there was “nothing to report” in regards to contract talks.

The rookie cornerback, drafted 37th overall, played his college ball at South Florida where he became one the best defensive players in the school’s history.

His two interception performance against Syracuse on Oct. 4 earned him Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week honors as a senior.

click on the link above for the rest of the article

I thought he was a FS, not a CB?

You are right, which should give some indication of the validity of the source. Allen is one of many 2nd rounders that is currently unsigned.

Not only will he not hold out, but he'll be in the starting lineup in week 1.

You are right, which should give some indication of the validity of the source. Allen is one of many 2nd rounders that is currently unsigned.

Not only will he not hold out, but he'll be in the starting lineup in week 1.

Not a hard feat, considering that he'll only have the likes of Macho Harris and Quintin Demps to compete with, I believe. He'll be an upgrade for sure, and I highly doubt he'll hold out for any long period of time.

Not a hard feat, considering that he'll only have the likes of Macho Harris and Quintin Demps to compete with, I believe. He'll be an upgrade for sure, and I highly doubt he'll hold out for any long period of time.

It certainly isn't ideal to have a second round pick walking into training camp as an essentially unchallenged starter. I like him, loved the pick, and have high hopes that he'll be an upgrade, but obviously it's an imperfect situation for the Eagles at free safety. Ditto cornerback.

Archived