Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I'm a Skins fan and I'm moving to Virginia in a month - advice needed(apartments, etc.) - Thanks

VBWannaBe

I'm a Skins fan and I'm moving to Virginia in a month - advice needed(apartments, etc.) - Thanks

Hello guys and gals. I'll be moving to Virginia in about a month, and I don't know much about the place. I've been in Vegas for awhile, and I want out. I have a job lined up, and it's in Virginia Beach.

I'm excited, because I'm originally from Pennsylvania(always a Skin fan though,) and I think I like East coast more. Plus, maybe I'll even get to see some games live now.

I basically wanted to get on, introduce myself, and say hello. I've been reading the forums for a bit, and love it. I never post, because honestly, I just like to read. Then it occurred to me, “Hey, these folks really know the Virginia area and are pretty knowledgeable and nice.”

With that said, I was wondering if any of you would have advice on a place to stay until I get settled. Because I was considering just driving cross-country, and seeing if they have weekly or monthly places (Vegas is loaded with them) that I can stay at until I learn the area and find a nice place(permanent) to live. I've been looking online for places to get an idea, but that doesn't show you the neighborhood, and I'd hate to commit to a long term lease until I know what I'm in for.

I guess things could get expensive for short term places in certain spots(hotels/motels) of VB, as it is a tourist spot, so I won't want to stay there too long, before I get an apartment or house that is a better price and in a better location. Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks everybody. Go Skins!! :dallasuck

PS – I know from the reading the rules how strict the policies are on starting new threads, so please merge this with an existing thread as I'm sure something must exist on places to live around VB. I just don't know how to filter through all the posts. Sorry.

There are often some good deals on the classifieds on this board. Also, be sure to put your name on the wait list. The current wait is about 4-5 years to come off the wait list.

I'm not familiar with VA Beach either, but I would imagine you can find some extended stay places if you look. BTW, try looking on priceline.

There are often some good deals on the classifieds on this board. Also, be sure to put your name on the wait list. The current wait is about 4-5 years to come off the wait list.

I'm not familiar with VA Beach either, but I would imagine you can find some extended stay places if you look. BTW, try looking on priceline.

Priceline? Now there is something I didn't consider. Thanks. I was checking out the Craigslist, but that is such a crapshoot.

I live in Va Beach currently, and have been here for the better part of 3 years. Where abouts is your job located? there is plenty of good living to be found down here.

It's on the 5000 block of Cleveland street, near Witchduck and Cleveland. I don't know if that helps you, I am just going by Mapquest.

It doesn't look far from Hampton Roads Beltway and the 264.

Basically, I'd like to be pretty close to my job, at least at first, until I get comfortable.

Like I said, at first I'm leaning toward just staying somewhere short term, until I get more comfortable with the area.

Thanks a lot for replying. I'm getting very excited about getting out there.

Archived