Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN.com: Jets keeping the seat warm for Brunell

goflyhelo

There's a feeling around the Jets that it's only a matter of time before the team signs free-agent QB Mark Brunell, most recently of the New Orleans Saints.

By rule, they can't sign Brunell now because of the so-called "Final Eight" rules. To add him now, they'd have to lose an unrestricted free agent, and it doesn't look like that's going to happen anytime soon. Therefore, they will have to wait until July 22, when the restriction is lifted.

Read rest of story here:

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/501/keeping-the-seat-warm-for-brunell

I'm not sure how it works with the new "final eight" rule, but that sounds dangerously close to tampering...

Is it still tampering if no one else wants him? You know, kinda like the whole "tree making a sound" scenerio. :silly:

I'm not sure how it works with the new "final eight" rule, but that sounds dangerously close to tampering...

Not really, its the media saying "there's a feeling around Jets park". Who knows where they got that from, if anywhere.

not really, its the media saying "there's a feeling around jets park". Who knows where they got that from, if anywhere.

fwiw:

but the jets, who had a good visit last month with brunell, are willing to wait. there are some whispers that they already have a wink-and-nod agreement with brunell, the former longtime jacksonville jjaguars starter.

fwiw:

Interesting, I didn't click the link. Guess I should have. But again, I wonder if that's the media interpreting it that way, or what. Are their really whispers? Seems we've seen a lot of these types of speculative articles about the Skins lately, and its almost all trash. Hmm.

Why Brunell, who will be 40 for the season? They want to add a pair of veteran eyes to help the development of Mark Sanchez.

Gee, isn't that what QB coaches are for?!? If all they need is a veteran set of eyes, then they had a lot of choices out of retired QBs. A lot of them could probably play better than Brunell, too.

Archived