Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The MEGA Media bias thread

SWFLSkins

I didn't comment in the thread discussing that ranking, but come on, if you are going to attack that article, bringing up the 2008 rushing chart is just terrible.

Which brings me to the broader issue of this thread (In the context of rankings): as others have tried to tell the tin-foil hatted: THERE IS NO CONSPIRACY.

I wish people would stop caring about what Joe Buttwipe for Donkey Dump Sports thinks about the Skins in his pre-pre-pre-pre season power poll, or where Authur Fiddlefaddle of NFL Moanpuppy ranked our secondary 3rd in the NFC East. Get over it.

Never said there was a conspiracy, just trying to keep the record straight.

He said Portis was not good since 06-07 and that is clearly not true and was easily researched. BTW, I am not the one collecting a paycheck to write or check for facts. IF I just stuck a piece of wood on a wall and called it finished cabinetry and tried to collect a check for it, would you write the check? It is quite simple, it is doing your job.

I don't disagree with some of the football comments you made, they were well thought out and generally insighful. I do however have more faith in the Shannahans and the run game under them. It is okay to disagree. The team has done nothing to earn any confidence at this point other than bring in people with reputations, and we know how that worked out before. This time just feels different with the comments from the players and not the hype from the media.

And if this bothers you so, don't comment, just shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes and look in the mirror and think how great you are. Not every thread is for you.

I do however have more faith in the Shannahans and the run game under them. It is okay to disagree. The team has done nothing to earn any confidence at this point other than bring in people with reputations, and we know how that worked out before. This time just feels different with the comments from the players and not the hype from the media.

If you check my posting history, I have more than enough confidence in our running game as well as the offense as a whole. I believe that the upgrade in coaching can not be mentioned enough, and one need only to look at his arrival and Denver and see how going from Wade Phillips to Shanahan transformed that offense. And as much as it pains me to give the human blueberry any credit, he is much better of a coach than Jim Zorn. I expect a huge upgrade in our competitiveness.

That being said, the 1995 Broncos only went 8-8, so I am also aware that while we should be much more competitive, .500 is a reasonable goal this season from a fan's point of view. Yeah, they are different teams, but tempering expectations is not a bad thing. We have miles to go before they stop writing negative pieces about the Redskins.

BTW, I am not the one collecting a paycheck to write or check for facts. IF I just stuck a piece of wood on a wall and called it finished cabinetry and tried to collect a check for it, would you write the check? It is quite simple, it is doing your job.

I don't dispute that several members of the "media" - a term I use loosely for them - responsible for covering our team lack the connections and information to produce interesting material to generate the page views they are required. Thus they take liberties and stray into the realm of gossip and hersay. I also don't begrudge anyone for taking two particular national individuals to task for often printing, how should I put it, drivel. There are certainly people who irresponsibly cover the Redskins, but that does not constitute a mass media bias.

However, what irks me about this thread, is that it becomes a breeding ground for the Redskins inferiority complex that cause people to post every power poll, every positional ranking, every story that fails to mention our team glowingly, however insignificant. When in reality, much of that is justified, and those that are not justified are simply not as intune with our team as we are. I just wish that is wasn't always thread worthy to complain about some blogger in California who doesn't give us the proper respect. It makes a lot of Redskins fans come off whiney and entitled (not saying you are, but some people on here sound that way sometimes).

And if this bothers you so, don't comment, just shrug your shoulders, roll your eyes and look in the mirror and think how great you are. Not every thread is for you.

I guess so. I am not in the least bit saying how great I am, I'm just lamenting the fact that its sad that we no longer carry the benefit of the doubt with the national media, nor are we a team that has earn much respect the past two decades. If that makes me as arrogant as you portray me, so be it.

If you check my posting history, I guess so.

I am not in the least bit saying how great I am, I'm just lamenting the fact that its sad that we no longer carry the benefit of the doubt with the national media, nor are we a team that has earn much respect the past two decades. If that makes me as arrogant as you portray me, so be it.

Well after reading that, I would say how great you are. That is as well stated as any post I have ever read on these boards, and there have been some good posts-(hard to believe at times I know). You sir are a great contributor and I certainly meant no discourse only wanted to show you the door if you chose fit yourself. So, my apologies.

I can't find much in your post to dispute other than the fact that this threads intention was to offer a civil place to track and reflect on mistruths concerning the Redskins. The thread was hi-jacked early on by the Media is out to get us crew. Half heartedly that was a second intention in of itself. Consider the timing of the thread, off season, Jason Reid/JLC runaway articles on Haynesworth for weeks and poster here just flipping out over each and every one of them.

My intention is to shed light on mistruths about the Redskins by the media or to expose personal agendas and track those for nostalgia. I will continue to post thread links and news links in this thread as long as I am alive. I will only stop posting on this board when unable.

I appreciate you candor and certainly agree with many of your points of view.

Shoot, everyone loves a happy ending.:cheers:

I have no problem when the Trio of Trite act up that you call them out. The very fact that they do probably justify their own thread is proof enough of their concept of journalism. I'm just glad to see that's your aim. Otherwise it'd be quite a tough task to record every article that lacks the vision that we fans have of the future. You might very well go insane! We just have to remember there is a thin line between laziness and ignorance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived