Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cariker traded to skins per schefter on SC speacial

gutlead74

http://www.cornnation.com/2007/3/17/15946/5923

Strengths and Weaknesses

I have seen people talking about Carriker not fitting into a 3-4 very well because of lack of speed. I don't get where that comes from other than Internet rumors, and I've addressed some of that above in the NFL Combine information. John Clayton states that he may be the best choice for a 3-4 defensive end in the draft.

Given his 6' 6", nearly 300 pound frame in combination with his quickness, Carriker keeps his feet very well, meaning that he won't be easily moved off the ball if he's asked to play defensive tackle or end in a 4-3.

Carriker's work ethic is well known and he has no character issues that I'm aware of. He was born in Hastings, Nebraska, and moved to Washington when he was three years old. As some of his family still resides in Nebraska, the Huskers were a natural choice for his college career.

With regards to weaknesses - go find one and let me know what it is because while he may not be the best fit into a very specific scheme, he does everything pretty well. Jamaal Anderson of Arkansas and Gaines Adams of Clemson are ranked above Carriker, but given his physical specimen, work ethic, and character, I'd argue that he's the best all-around defensive end prospect available for the NFL draft.

This is actually the 4th thread on it, not the 3rd.:pfft::ols: You're batting cleanup.

I was third, doesn't really matter I guess.

I am glad we traded another pick, this is only the deapest draft in years why n the world would we want picks in it. Ignoring the draft is a sound tested way for success in the NFL.....

Archived